TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: May work at any one of several locations, but little to no travel between venues is required
SCHEDULE: Variable schedule to include nights and weekends
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Catering Team delivers exceptional quality and timely service to our customers daily through organization, teamwork, empowerment, and the ability to execute a plan. The team assures that the client’s vision in executed before and during the event, helping create an unparalleled customer experience. Additionally, the team plays an integral part in operational efficiency through the smart use of resources, ensuring the organization’s health and ability to continue providing for our customers’ needs at an exceptional level.
ABOUT THE JOB
This position plays a major role in a guest's dinner and/or bar experience. Consistency is a key element in a positive experience, which is achieved by always following recipes. A bartender must be friendly, outgoing and possess good communication skills. A bartender should be organized and able to think and act quickly and effectively while retaining self-composure and exuding exceptional hospitality skills.
- Mix, garnish and serve alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks for patrons based on the serving sizes as outlined by the company to keep drink costs at a minimum.
- Collect money from guests for drinks served and make change when applicable.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to maintain an attractive display.
- Wash and sterilize stemware, where applicable.
- Be attentive, offer assistance before the guest has to ask for it.
- Count drinks guests are served.
- Monitor and ensure that no guest receives more than the allowed number of specific drinks.
- Anticipate your guest's needs. Follow the half-full rule when offering another drink. Be alert of guest signals (raising a hand, making eye contact, etc.), and acknowledge the guest to let them know the bartender will be right with them.
- Serve alcohol responsibly. Do not hesitate to ask for management intervention if necessary.
- Perform other duties as directed.