ABOUT THE COMPANY
Bonfire is transforming the way people buy and sell high-quality custom apparel. We are a free online platform where anyone can design, sell, and buy custom products. We’ve helped thousands of individuals, groups, and nonprofits raise money for the causes they care about, and also serve the world’s top creators as their premiere custom merch platform. We’re a passionate, creative, and data-driven team constantly pursuing our vision: to strengthen communities that inspire a kinder world. We bring this vision to life by hiring passionate, smart people who celebrate and respect others, are committed to a life of curiosity, are never satisfied with ‘good enough’, are eager to co-create the future, and who thrive through teamwork.
Have we been looking for you?
Bonfire is supporting a fully virtual work environment; however, we are looking to only hire candidates that reside in the United States.
ABOUT THE JOB
Our Product team is searching for their future Product Manager. The ideal candidate makes decisions by being data-informed at all times and data-driven where appropriate. While using design thinking to bring our customers the best experience, it is just as important to be able to communicate and collaborate with engineers to come up with the best solutions to the problems we want to solve, all while delivering high quality service to our customers and internal stakeholders.
Our Product Managers at Bonfire are “full stack” PMs - You will work closely with our engineering team, designers and senior management to design solutions, in addition to participating in customer interactions to define needs, test out options and get feedback for the features you release. You will ensure alignment with our Growth team: Customer Support, Marketing and Sales.
The ideal candidate values critical thinking and intellectual honesty, and has an insatiable need to continuously improve oneself to learn/navigate new and changing technologies and market opportunities.
This role will champion our desire to bring the future of product closer to the present, and continuously evolve the company and each other to do and accomplish great things. There must be excitement about what is possible, and a commitment to supporting and strengthening the direct team - and all other teams that work closely with Product.
The Product Manager answers to company vision, mission, values, and strategy by enhancing the customer and employee experience through tools that make working with and for Bonfire easy, delightful, motivating, and helpful -- while aligning with our culture and the community of team members.
This role lies within our Product department and reports to the Director of Product.
Bonfire employees are expected to embrace the Mission and Values, we live together and apart.
include but are not limited to:
- Interview customers to understand needs. Deeply understand our customers' workflows and jobs-to-be-done.
- Define product requirements, communicate the “why” to engineers and executives alike.
- Meet and collaborate with stakeholders to source/validate/evolve features and the roadmap.
- Own and manage the backlog and roadmap for your area of responsibility. Prioritize between new features, architectural improvements, and operational excellence.
- Interact daily with the engineering and design teams in both the design and development phases by running the agile meetings.
- Create initial low-fi wireframes and coordinate hi-fi mockups with the product design team.
- Partner with engineering to perform QA testing and acceptance testing.
- Be able to easily articulate the product’s technical challenges to non-technical stakeholders. Collaborate with engineering on hard architectural debates.
- Define clear outcomes (success metrics) that measure customer satisfaction and business impact at the outset of a project. Ensure the right data is collected to be able measure against your success metrics. Analyze the data to measure and report on the impact of initiatives you led.
- Contribute with other PMs to develop and evolve an impactful Product Ops function in Bonfire.
- Manage stakeholder expectations and communication for upcoming/planned releases.
- Contribute to the educational content of improvements and features to ensure smooth adjustment to stakeholder processes.
- Understand the key metrics of the platform’s performance. Analyze the impact of platform changes & trends on these key metrics to inform future iterations.
- Contribute to product team and company level roadmap planning by contributing research, ideas & prioritization of various initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Drives team cooperation with cross-functional stakeholders in support of identifying, solutioning, and solving for issues and opportunities.
- Seeks diverse perspectives through diverse backgrounds and invites them into participation - this includes Bonfire customers we’re solving for, and team members we’re solving alongside.
- Strategic, proactive, resourceful, and experimental thinker with a passion for prioritizing impact and executing.
- Excellent project skills, who others enjoy working alongside, who can delegate and keep team and tasks on time.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written, with a strong skillfulness around communicating complexity with patience and precision
- Self-motivated, with a dedication to keeping up to date professionally and technically, and applying new knowledge to the job.
- Have 2+ years experience in product management.
- Have 2+ years working within an agile software development framework.
- Have 2+ years experience in ecommerce, saas or a related industry.
- Have experience working with datasets to analyze/answer business questions and/or build business cases.
- Proficient in SQL and able to write basic to moderate queries.
- Experience using analytics tools to explore trends in product feature usage & measure impact.
- Experience using wireframing tools to create wireframes/prototypes/mockups for digital products.
- Able to support an Engineering team mostly located in European time zones.
WHY WORK AT BONFIRE?
When team members all around the world were asked to find three words they’d use to describe Bonfire, the most commonly shared values were: kind, inclusive, charitable, supportive, collaborative, and passionate. Work here and help us guide people toward their full potential and possibility in support of a company that’s trying to infuse the world with more of those values.
In addition to leading purposeful work, you will also benefit from our full-time employee offerings:
- Competitive compensation - The salary range for this role is $90,000 - $110,000 (+ possible bonus incentive)
- Unlimited PTO that we encourage everyone to take advantage of
- Great benefits that include: Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401(k)
- Remote work environment (We are a fully distributed team!)
- Tech setup right-fit for your remote work environment
- A positive culture and dynamic team environment
- The ability to help create a kinder planet
- An environment to grow your skills, learn new technologies, and to challenge yourself
Does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to hear from you! Click the link to apply.