Are you looking to make a difference in the world?
Looking to take the next step in your career with an impactful organization helping people?
Join AFTD, the leading organization dedicated to ending the most common dementia under 60, known asFTD. We help families affected today, and drive research to bring hope for the future. Our work to bring about a world without dementia is only missing your passion and your expertise. AFTD is growing rapidly, with a greater ability to offer help for those affected than ever before. Join us today to make a difference for families affected by FTD, across the United States and beyond.
The Administrative Assistant - Support and Education provides administrative support to AFTD’s Support and Education Department which provides programs and services to improve the quality of life for those affected by FTD. Administrative performance will be critical to the Department’s overall effectiveness and ability to deliver quality services in a timely and cost-effective manner.
The Administrative Assistant - Support and Education is responsible for supporting the day-to-day functions of current and new services to persons living with FTD, care partners, and professionals. Core services include AFTD’s Comstock Grant program, HelpLine, Support Group Network, and Healthcare professional education initiatives. They will be responsible for ordering materials, mailings, correspondence, and data entry. The Administrative Assistant Support and Education will manage workflow, ensure all deadlines are met, and assist in developing and implementing new administrative processes to continue to automate and improve efficiency as programs grow. This position will interact with all AFTD staff members as well as with family caregivers, people affected by FTD, and external professional colleagues. They will also support AFTD through the completion of shared general office duties, in cooperation with other Assistant-level staff in the organization.
Essential Job Functions
- Administrative Support: Maintain and respond to routine correspondence and phone calls; type, file, scan, print, bind, assemble, and distribute digital and hard copy materials. Organize, prepare, and support all department mailing projects, including HelpLine information packets. Assist with review and logging of Comstock grant applications. Draft meeting minutes for Board Committee and department meetings. Participate in the development and implementation of effective processes and use of technology. Support quality assurance efforts: proactively identify opportunities to support the Support and Education Department growth while ensuring quality output. Provide direct support to senior department staff by managing travel arrangements, monthly expense reports, and scheduling external meetings.
- Database Maintenance: Maintain department/company database(s) as assigned including data entry and data auditing. Generate reports, mailing lists, and program-related letters. Enter, track, and report on program evaluation data. Support staff with data collection, data verification, and other tasks as needed. Organize and maintain electronic, confidential, and time-sensitive documents, files, and records, leveraging and tracking of e-signature documentation.
- Survey Support: Create and input department surveys into Survey Monkey. Pull Survey reports on a routine basis. Work with Department managers to develop clear surveys to receive feedback on our programs.
- Company Support: Participate with AFTD administrative assistants in coverage of agency-wide administrative functions including reception support. Assist in the ordering and restocking of office and kitchen supplies as requested. Support management of conference rooms and café area. Manages travel arrangements for organizational events and meetings as needed.
Other Job Functions
- Answer main phone line and triage calls as needed as determined by shared general office duties with other Assistant-level staff in the organization.
- Conscientiously follows company policies and practices and takes care of Company property.
- Occasional evening availability to accommodate volunteer schedules.
- Travel for organizational meetings and events as needed.
- This position is an individual contributor and does not have supervisory responsibilities.