CR&R Incorporated is one of Southern California's most innovative and successful environmental recycling collection companies, serving more than 3 million people and over 25,000 businesses throughout Orange, Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Imperial, and Riverside counties. In addition, we also have operations in AZ, CO, NV, OR, UT, and WA.
Reporting to the CFO, the Director of Risk is responsible for developing, maintaining and implementing all aspects of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and Insurance programs, including strategy, infrastructure, and processes, to ensure that ERM, Insurance, Safety policies are up to date and managers are educated on the programs. In addition, this position will continually assess risk exposures for financial impact, negotiate insurance coverage, renewals and oversee resolution of claims.
The Director of Risk’s responsibility includes managing risks associated with the safety and security of the organization, employees, customers, and assets, working with the organization to advise management of potential risks and develop policies and processes to avoid, reduce or mitigate risks.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Plan, design, and implement an overall enterprise risk management program for the organization.
- Oversee the evaluation, recommendation, and implementation of appropriate insurance programs.
- Prepare annual reviews of insurance coverage and develop reports recommending appropriate action.
- Manage company’s insurance claims processes.
- Analyze all operational areas and make recommendations to mitigate risk.
- Oversee third party recovery activities with respect to worker’s compensation and auto claims.
- Identify safety risks and design & implement processes to minimize and eliminate risks.
- Produce analysis and status reports detailing level of risk across operational areas within the company and communicate potential risk issues and mitigation plans to management.
- Provide support, education, and training to staff to build risk awareness within the organization.
- Assures compliance with occupational health & safety laws.
- Subject matter expert in insurance or risk management industry.
- Experience successfully managing a complex risk management program.
- Strong analytical and financial acumen.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong math and computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Exceptional organizational and critical thinking skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Proficient with insurance-based risk management information systems
- Knowledge of insurance, health & safety policies, disaster recovery measures, & business continuity plans.
Salary Range: $150k - 200k/yr
C R & R is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.