The American Printing House for the Blind (APH), the world’s largest nonprofit organization creating educational, workplace, and independent living products and services for people who are visually impaired, is seeking a Human Resources Administrator. The Human Resources Administrator will primarily administer the recruitment and training efforts. This position will also support managers and employees and coordinate human resources activities, including safety and wellness, FMLA, compensation, labor and employee relations, and benefits.
This position reports to the Human Resources Business Partner, Manager and is an integral member of HR team to foster a positive work environment for all employees.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Effectively manage full life cycle recruitment for exempt and nonexempt employees, students, and temporary employees. Duties include coordinating and participating in job fairs and hiring events, writing and placing job postings; reviewing applications and resumes; scheduling and interviewing applicants, and making recommendations to hiring managers.
- Participates in the development of ongoing creative and cost-effective sourcing strategies. Create and foster relationships with community and professional organizations to attract and proactively source qualified talent and diverse candidates
- Organizes and conducts training programs as needed for HR compliance, employee development and safety. Assists in the design, development, implementation and evaluation of innovative, creative, cost-effective performance solutions.
- Administers various human resources programs and processes for all employees; assists in development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Contributes to the evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Assist in organizing company-wide events, including service awards banquet, retiree luncheon, Lunch and Learns and other special celebrations. Supports the Health & Wellness efforts including internal and external events, meetings, communications and community involvement.
- Assists with the online performance review system to ensure timely and appropriate evaluations in conjunction with the salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
- Assists in administering Family Medical Leave requirements, including determining eligibility, tracking leave taken, and communication to employees and supervisors.
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment, including maintaining I-9 files; Affirmative Action reporting requirements; VETS 100 reporting, and other related requirements.
- Other duties as assigned by the Human Resources Manager.