Pathway is looking for a Legal Document Specialist to join our corporate legal team in Irvine. This role is expected to assist our current team with managing, completing and delivering on all aspects of the legal transactions required for large scale complex private market investment portfolios. This is REMOTE opportunity.
Please note - This position does not involve litigation. It is primarily focused on contract creation, transactions and filings.
This is a highly interactive position that partners with our staff of attorneys and other legal support to prepare document-intensive legal transactions in a fast-paced environment to manage all aspects of our client contracts, entity formation and management, private equity investment closings, amendments, confidentiality agreements, and securities compliance filings. This position requires the ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously, frequently adjusting to shifting deadlines and conflicting priorities.
Specifically, the Legal Document Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Manage investment partnership closings consisting of completion of subscription agreements, responding to all AML/KYC requests by providing highly confidential documents, obtaining sign-offs and signatures and submitting voluminous closing packages on time.
- Managing client closings consisting of the coordination of multiple agreements, communicating internal comments on such agreements, collaborating on AML/KYC requirements and assembling signature packages for execution by company executives.
- Formation/Registration of LLC and LP entities and feeder funds.
- Maintaining minute books for corporate governance.
- Following well-established procedures to adhere to client specific investment requirements.
- Adding information to company databases and disseminating particulars to other departments.
- Drafting and redlining documents as needed.
- Liaising with employees, all levels of management, clients and business partners to facilitate the completion of daily workflow.
- Copying, distributing, logging and filing legal documents electronically.
- Position hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. with occasional overtime.