As one of the regions largest privately-owned real estate developers, Peterson Companies has been consistently delivering some of the areas most exciting destinations for more than 50 years. With a portfolio that includes National Harbor, Downtown Silver Spring, Fair Lakes, and Fairfax Corner, we continually strive to enhance the local community. We develop vibrant properties, and entire neighborhoods, that bring people together.
Who You Are:
You enjoy working for a company that has an active culture with excellent perks that foster work life balance. You are passionate about delivering world class customer service and fostering an environment of respect and inclusivity. You enjoy engaging with a team to deliver results and meet deadlines, but are also capable of independent work product delivery. You approach challenges with a positive attitude and tactful communication.
What You Bring:
- Bachelors degree in construction management, engineering, business or similar field. Equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 1-3 years commercial property management experience.
- Must be detail oriented, organized and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess or be willing to seek and obtain a Top-Secret security clearance with full scope polygraph.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong Excel skills is a must.
- This position requires candidates to be a U.S Citizen.
- Maintain the physical and aesthetic appearance of the properties by conducting routine building/site inspections and planning/managing maintenance and repair activities as needed.
- Manage projects and services to include procurement, coordination with vendors and tenants, and quality control inspections. Examples of contracted services include janitorial services, landscape maintenance, window washing, trash removal, pest control, etc.
- Process invoices and create purchase agreements in Nexus Payables.
- Develop and maintain relationships with tenants and clients. Resolve matters when applicable and inform management when items or issues warrant further involvement.
- Assist with design and construction of tenant project work.
- Assist in planning, preparing and implementing operating budgets.
- Assist in preparing monthly financial reports.
- Prepare meeting documents, weekly activity calendars, and daily tracking logs.
- Maintain well organized electronic records.
- Manage database of contract expirations and initiate renewals or bid process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.