A Master’s Degree in a behavioral science field from an accredited college or university. Demonstrate the competencies to become credentialed as a Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) as outlined in the Oregon Administrative Rules (OAR). Certification must be current and in compliance with the OAR’s. The CADC credential is preferred in addition to a Master’s Degree given the high occurrence of substance use/abuse. Note: All QMHP qualified positions in the state of Oregon will need to be filled by incumbents who are officially certified or who meet eligibility qualifications to register with MHACBO as a QMHP. If you are not currently registered, you will need to be registered if you become employed with Cascadia. For more details on QMHP certification and registration, contact MHACBO (www.mhacbo.org)
- Clinical experience providing inpatient or outpatient services is preferred.
- Experience working with diverse populations preferred.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to conduct a Mental Status assessment and formulate a diagnosis according to the most current DSM
- Understand recovery model, motivational interviewing, illness management and recovery
- Thorough knowledge of evidence based practices, and strength based case management philosophies and strategies
- Operate computer hardware and software (including EMR software) at a level needed to effectively perform job functions
- Enter and retrieve data
- Prepare reports
Ability to commute to various Cascadia sites and community locations as needed.
Activities and structure support community integration assisting residents in continued growth for successful independent living. Employee must have the ability to assist residents to participate in a variety of activities, events, and excursions involving skills building and community integration. Employee must have the ability to assist the team in providing safety to all clients and staff in potentially volatile situations.
- Occasionally stooping, lifting 20 to 50 lbs, climbing (stairs), crouching, reaching and running
- Regular sitting, Standing, walking, and Keyboarding
- Constant visual and auditory
Cascadia is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin or age.