The Clinical Nurse/Registered Nurse provides and coordinates all clinical aspects of care for patients receiving proton radiation therapy, in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team to achieve predetermined quality outcomes. The Registered Nurse will be expected to perform clinical research tasks that are interrelated to the daily function of the clinic. It will be the responsibility of the Registered Nurse to assure all federal regulations regarding research are followed and work in collaboration with Research. This position requires the ability to work 2 Second Shifts per week, please inquire.
- Educates patients in the proton therapy clinics; responds to consultations made by physicians.
- Performs patient histories and physical examinations under physician supervision; evaluates results and monitors treatment plans; maintains medical records.
- Oversees patient schedules, appointments, and procedures
- Participates in educational in-services and seminars for health care providers at the ProCure Proton Therapy Center as well as the surrounding area; maintains current certification through continuing education.
- Accountable for the management of patient care in assigned service(s).
- Utilizes critical thinking skills to recognize and solve patient problems.
- Identifies the age specific growth and developmental needs of the patients, and utilizes the nursing process and nursing standards to prevent or manage actual/potential problems in the assigned service of the Proton Therapy Clinic.
- Identifies patient /family nursing needs and assures that they are met.
- Inputs, retrieves, and interprets data from multiple manual and computer information systems.
- Maintains patients rights and demonstrates respect for persons of all ages and diverse cultures.
- Utilizes organizational skills to assure continuity of care in collaboration with other disciplines through appropriate planning, education, and coordination of other services.
- Collaborates with the medical staff to facilitate and optimize patient care.
- Acts on behalf of the patients and family to ensure care that is safe and appropriate with consideration for values, diversity, and human rights.
- Participates in nursing and medical research and facilitates transfer of new knowledge to patient care.
- Ability to have a flexible schedule.