As one of the region’s largest privately-owned real estate developers, Peterson Companies has been consistently delivering some of the area’s most exciting destinations for more than 50 years. With a portfolio that includes National Harbor, Downtown Silver Spring, Fair Lakes, and Fairfax Corner, we continually strive to enhance the local community. We develop vibrant properties, and entire neighborhoods, that bring people together.
Who You Are:
Seeking an energetic, personable, dependable individual to join a dynamic team responsible for the management and operations of a large Government campus in McLean, Virginia. The Technical Project Manager works closely with the property management team and has primary responsibility for oversight of building and electrical system operations and maintenance, as well as management of technical projects including system enhancements and infrastructure upgrades. The ideal candidate will be a mechanical or electrical engineer with strong communications skills and experience in mission critical environments.
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or related discipline (equivalent job experience considered).
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience managing electrical/mechanical operations & maintenance and/or managing technical projects in a mission critical environment.
- Must be detail oriented, organized and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess or be willing to seek and obtain a Top-Secret security clearance with full scope polygraph.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat. Strong Excel skills are a must.
- Oversight of operations & maintenance contracts including building engineers, switchgear, generators, UPS systems, fire alarm, controls, building management systems, power management systems, chiller plant and elevators.
- Manage assigned M/E/P projects to include scope preparation/procurement of design and construction services, coordination with vendors and tenants, and project closeout including document turn-over and as-built drawings.
- Implement an effective QA/QC program to ensure all work is performed in a safe, professional manner, in accordance with contract requirements and best practices for mission critical facilities.
- Work closely with the property managers, building engineers, and Government representatives on long range planning and coordination for major maintenance activities.
- Review and update Local Operating Procedures (LOPs) and Method of Procedures (MOPs) for various operating scenarios, planned maintenance, system testing and special projects.
- Review on-going training programs for engineering personnel and facilitate technical training of owner’s facilities team.
- Serve as the owner’s primary technical representative, coordinating between the engineering team, tenant representatives and consultants, especially during critical maintenance activities, unplanned events, outages or repairs.