CMC Energy is passionate about making the world more energy efficient; ensuring a cleaner, healthier environment for this and future generations. For the past 45 years, we have worked hard to not only save energy, but also to save our customers money.
If you are interested in working for a company in an exciting growth industry, doing meaningful work while connecting and building relationships with a diverse group of clients, we are interested in hearing from you!
CMC Energy is committed to investing in our employees; believing that if our employees are happy, our customers will be happy, and our company will thrive. We offer excellent career opportunities, training and development programs, employee recognition and innovation awards, competitive pay and incentives, and an attractive benefits package.
PRIMARY PURPOSE (Summary of major reasons this job exists)
This role provides a unique opportunity for an exceptional leader passionate about contributing to CMC Energy Services, Inc.’s mission of a more livable, sustainable planet for all to join our team and make a difference in the world. The Program Portfolio Manager will be responsible for managing and directing the implementation of portfolio work and ensuring necessary resources are dedicated to meeting all portfolio goals. This individual will be directly responsible for the efficiency and profitability the portfolio and program(s) overseen.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Majority of duties performed, but not to be all-inclusive or to prevent other duties from being assigned)
- Act as the prime contact and responsible party to the client and representing the team of program implementors.
- Create an atmosphere for success and support through leadership of direct reports, partnering teams, clients and client program managers, and other market actors in the effective management of the portfolio and/or program(s).
- Analyze business activities, expenses, profits, and goals to develop a strategy of portfolio implementation. Take ownership and accountability for all aspects of the profit & loss as it relates to the portfolio and program(s).
- Develop and implement full-scale portfolio plan responsibilities. Identify, set, communicate, and manage project and portfolio dependencies, critical path, portfolio expectations, tasks and responsibilities with team members and clients in a timely and clear fashion. Identify and resolve issues and conflicts with the portfolio team.
- Ensure collaboration exists within all internal departments such as Finance, IT, Customer Care, Marketing, etc. for clear understanding of all processes and procedures to drive the portfolio and program(s) and implement continuous improvement.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve portfolio goals. Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of work completed by all staff and contractors. Recommend subsequent staff/contractors changes when/if necessary.
- Develop and submit budget proposals and production goals and manage financial and production performance of the portfolio. Monitor annual budget and production goals to ensure spending and production goals are achieved. Prepare and submit required monthly and annual portfolio reports. Provide information to Client and 3rd party evaluators for compliance and evaluation efforts.
- Prepare and submit weekly budget and production reports.
- Manage, coach and mentor direct reports to ensure staff is performing effectively and at their highest potential to achieve portfolio, program(s), and company organizational goals. This includes interviewing, planning, assigning, completing performance evaluations, coaching, and directing work.
- Proactively manage changes in projects and/or portfolio scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans. Develop strategy and performance metrics to meet the goals of the portfolio. Determine capabilities of incorporating pandemic or other market disruption factors and provide the approaches and innovations that would be employed to continue operations and provide services.
- Lead contract negotiations with partnering teams with the support of senior leadership.
- Develop and manage systems and processes to track results and provide required internal and client reporting including but not limited to progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation and presentations.
- Utilize subject matter expertise on Technical Reference Manual and energy calculations to manage and monitor portfolio production and savings goals. Create and receive forecasts from direct reports and partnering teams for reporting, analysis and balancing of the portfolio execution.
- Define portfolio success criteria and ensure information is disseminated to all involved parties throughout portfolio life cycle.
- Oversee and monitor all external communication activities to make certain all messaging is accurate and consistent including all marketing and promotional materials to be presented to client.
- Stay current on local codes and savings attributes and advise Client of any revisions to existing or additional codes and savings that effect the installation or inclusion of portfolio measures or performance of energy audits.
- Prepare and review final invoice data to ensure accuracy and approve prior to submission to Client working in collaboration with business analysts, IT and within company and external systems.
- Focus on growth of Program and Associate Program Managers.
- May work as direct Program Manager as needed.
- Ensure all work performed is in accordance with stated portfolio guidelines and in compliance with Client, OSHA and company safety procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.