How this Role Makes an Impact
The Technical Writer role is an essential role within the organization, and we are looking for a motivated individual to join us! The Technical Writer is responsible for producing high-quality documentation to effectively communicate ImagineSoftware’s products.
This is an ideal position for someone excellent communication and grammar skills and the ability to multitask! We are an innovative company that evolves quickly, so come ready to learn at a fast pace!
- Produce high-quality documentation that ensures ImagineSoftware’s current product offerings are effectively communicated to the intended audience
- Writing easy-to-understand user interface guides, how-to manuals, and release notes.
- Organize material and complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content
- Acquire subject knowledge by interviewing and working with Software Development and Software Support departments
- Analyze new developments to determine need for revisions in previously published materials and development of new material
- Work closely with the quality assurance process to develop early knowledge of the product and to ensure Imagine-quality standards are met
- Complete quality assurance tasks as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience Needed
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field preferred
- Previous experience in technical writing is preferred
Qualifications You Must Have
- Excellent communication and grammatical skills
- Ability to compare, process, organize and compile information effectively across internal teams
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects with competing priorities
- Highly detailed-oriented and focused on ensuring only the highest-quality, error-free materials get published
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and other writing and publishing tools
- Able to grasp complex software and to adapt quickly
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects
Director of Product Solutions
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
At ImagineSoftware, we have a role to play in contributing to an inclusive world. We work every day to lead with our values and beliefs that enable you to develop your potential and bring your full self to the workplace. Our culture of diversity and inclusion enables more creative thinking and better ideas for addressing a more diverse market. We hire driven people from all backgrounds because it makes us a great company, and because it’s the right thing to do. If you share these values, you will find a home at ImagineSoftware.