The Concierge will be the initial in-person contact with patients at the SCCA Proton Therapy Center and has primary responsibility for the overall effective, friendly, and efficient functioning of the daily operations in the center lobby/reception area. The Concierge also provides care, guidance, and direction to patients and families as they enter the building, check in for their appointments, and require non-medical assistance of any type.
Concierge anticipates patient needs and coordinates applicable resources including, but not limited to, transportation and lodging. The Concierge participates in continual improvement initiatives with the ultimate goal of exceptional patient satisfaction. The Concierge will also help coordinate and arrange special functions for patients, such as weekly lunches, new patient orientation, and other center events and will work with outreach to connect patients with community opportunities to share their stories.
- Serve as initial physical point of contact, greeting, giving direction to patients and visitors, and supporting check-ins and COVID screenings for all appointments.
- Monitor patient/family wait time for appointments/treatment.
- Assist patients with completing registration forms and transfer necessary data into patient charts.
- Correlate, verify, and enter patient information including demographics and insurance into Mosaiq VANTAGE, and EPIC (computer systems utilized for patient records).
- Work with patient services manager to assist out-of-town patients with housing and transportation.
- Coordinate patient/family needs for location of services within center and/or other facilities.
- Anticipate patient needs and share applicable resources.
- Liaison of communication between center departments, community services, and radiation oncology personnel.
- Work with supervisor in maintaining center’s lobby and reception areas for cleanliness and efficiency.
- Maintain inventory of department supplies and assist with ordering.
- Listen for, respond to, and resolve customer (patient/family/clinical staff, vendors, visitors) concerns as they relate to areas of center reception.
- Work with outreach to manage and execute external communications to patients/families about upcoming community events.
- Organize and participate in patient services events, both internal and external.
- Manage and maintain Patient Services database resulting in easily accessed information on appropriate advocate connections for potential patients, speaking opportunities, media opportunities, etc.
- Work with outreach to identify and create opportunities for patients/to share their experience in the community and build awareness, ultimately leading to potential new patients.
- Provide telephone support by answering and directing incoming calls to the Intake department, taking appropriate messages and/or routing to the correct destination.
- Help create and update patient resources.
- Complete special projects as assigned.