CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled (First review March 13, 2023)
POSITION: Medical Assistant-Trainee
SALARY: $16.05 (with increase after completion)
REPORTS TO: RN/Medical Director
LOCATION: LRCHC Inchelium/Keller
Distinguishing Career Features: The incumbent will include getting the schedule ready and prepared for the Provider, making sure all the necessary equipment is ready and available for each patient’s visit. Responsible for hospital follow-up notes, labs, x-rays, CT scans, and MRI’s; Forms (L&I claims, C-Pap, etc.), Send prescriptions electronically or by fax. Verbally call-in prescriptions. Room patients. Clean and maintain examination and treatment rooms after each patient. Restocking medical tools and supplies. Management of equipment and supply inventory. Triage patient calls, address the issue, consult with Provider. Serve as a liaison between Provider, patient, and any other service providers. Record daily in EHR.
- Patient Care:
- Go over patient history, taking vital signs, assessments for office visit and documents in EHR.
- Performs EKGs, nebulizer treatments, ear lavages.
- Applies splints, braces and dispenses crutches.
- Setup and assist with procedures for Pap, endometrial biopsy, IUD insertion, colposcopy, LEEP, cyro and surgical procedures.
- Performs wound cleaning and dressing.
- Administers sub Q IM, intraderm injections, and oral medications.
- Makes follow up calls to patient and documents correctly.
- Performs phlebotomy for patients.
- Provides patient walk backs and general patient escorts throughout the health center. Directs patients to appropriate areas for treatment and escorts as necessary around health center facilities.
- Cleans and autoclaves instruments, exam rooms, procedure equipment.
- Maintains and re-stocks appropriate levels of exam and procedure room stock supplies.
- Ensures proper documentation in patient medical chart including all coorespondance with patients and other providers, medications, and any other information relevent to patient care.
- Receives the appropriate training and provides back up support for laboratory and registered x-ray technician as needed.
- Work within limits of certification under direct supervision and direction of Physicians, Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners or other staff as directed.
- Performs all duties using universal precautions and appropriate protective equipment as required to reduce exposure to infection, bloodborne pathogens and hazardous materials.
- Works as a team member with clinical and non-clinical staff.
- Professional conduct, ethics, and confidentiality are always expected.
Education and Training:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Within the first 90 days, general and department orientation, infection control, fire and safety education, and information technology orientation.
- Complete 2000 hours of on-the-job training(paid) with the support and guidance of an experienced one-on-one MA coach.
- Complete 410 hours of supplemental coursework(paid). Online coursework.
- Attend 3 in-person lab days with an expert instructor to practice and demonstrate mastery of hands-on technical skills.
- Log and report on-the-job hours and skill practices as required.
- Successful completion of 12-month Registered Medical Assistant Apprenticeship Program and successfully pass Certified Clinical Medical Assistant test(paid).
- Annual certifications for competency for competency, OSHA, MSD, infection control, fire, and safety training.
- MA Certification upon completion of the training program
- BLS, ACLS/PALS (upon MA Certification)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exercise and use good judgement
- Quickly, easily, and accurately calculate dosages of medications
- Excellent phone skills including professionalism, courtesy, and accurate message taking
- Ability to operate medical equipment, computer, applicable sections of practice management software, photocopy machine, and fax machine
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting (25-50 lbs.)
Licenses and Certificates:
Requires a valid Washington State Driver’s license and must be eligible for the Tribes vehicle insurance and maintain throughout employment. HIPAA and Privacy certificates required annually.
A background clearance is required and must maintain clearance throughout employment. Tribal member and Indian preference will apply. Preference will be given to honorably discharged veterans who are minimally qualified. Must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Must be willing to sign a 2-year employment commitment upon completion of the training program.
TRIBAL MEMBER AND INDIAN PREFERENCE WILL APPLY; PREFERENCE WILL ALSO BE GIVEN TO HONORABLY DISCHARGED VETERANS WHO ARE MINIMALLY QUALIFIED.
CONTACT INFORMATION: Lake Roosevelt Community Health Centers, Human Resources Department, P. O. Box 290, Inchelium, WA 99138, Contact Leeann Romero, 509-722-7686 or firstname.lastname@example.org