Who We Are:
Neighborhood Health Center is a non-profit organization local to Portland, OR serving underserved patients in the areas of primary care, internal medicine, dental services and more. Our patient-centered approach to care honors the unique needs and circumstances of each individual patient. NHC sees people, not problems, and recognizes that the time spent as a patient in a doctors office is only one factor in a persons overall health. Our leading edge, integrated clinical teams work in partnership with patients, their families, and the communities we serve to provide whole-person care, prevention, and ongoing support.
NHC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate differences in the workplace and do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender (sex), national origin, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Why work with us?
- We are a non-profit organization, passionate about providing the underserved population with medical and dental services across the greater Portland area, committed to making a difference daily.
- We offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes 20 days of PTO (based on full time employment), 9 paid holidays, health/dental/vision insurance, quarterly wellness reimbursements, generous 401k retirement plan with employer match, employer paid disability insurance, EAP and life insurance.
- Our employees voted NHC a Top Workplace in 2020, 2021 and 2022!
Job Title: Patient Service Representative I
Reports To: Contact Center Manager
Work Type: Starts off on-site in Tigard and has potential for Hybrid
Schedule: 9am - 6pm, Mon. - Fri.
Classification: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Language Differential: Eligible
Salary Range: $17.73 - $23.07
This position is the first point of contact for patients at Neighborhood Health Center, answering all incoming medical-related calls from patients to schedule appointments, answer general inquiries and questions, and transfer triage and clinical calls as appropriate. This position serves patients and customers in a fast-paced, challenging, multi-telephone call center.
Essential Job Duties
- Answers incoming Medical phone calls timely, professionally and with courtesy and respect.
- Screens Medical calls using established protocols to determine caller needs and handles or redirects callers appropriately.
- Documents frequently and routes messages to appropriate Medical staff members in EHR system.
- Pre-registers Medical patients in Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Schedules Medical patients in EHR, following office scheduling guidelines.
- Inputs all data into EHR accurately.
- Assists in confirming Medical appointments.
- Helps contact and reschedule Medical patients when providers' schedules change.
- Opens phones in accordance with clinic policy and transfers phones to answering service upon closing.
- Remains calm and effective in high-pressure and emergency situations.
- Assists in new employee training on specific tasks, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.