High School graduation required. Some college preferred.
Experience working with adults with disabilities. Supervision of groups of adults with disabilities in a recreational setting. Supervision of staff and volunteers in a recreational setting preferred.
General knowledge of recreation, parks, and leisure services field.
General knowledge of out of school programs and services.
General knowledge of developmentally appropriate activities for adults with disabilities in a recreational environment.
Valid drivers license required for programs including transportation.
First Aid, CPR, and AED certification.
Monday and Tuesday, 9:30am-2:30pm with a possibility of extra hours for planning.
Conditions of employment may include:
- submit proof of date of birth.
- provide a copy of drivers license or photo ID.
- provide drivers abstract.
- submit to a reference check / employment verification.
- submit to a state criminal background check.
- submit to pre-employment TB test.
- submit to pre-employment drug test.
- submit to random, reasonable cause, and post-accident alcohol and drug tests.
Recreation Specialist-Special Recreation
Open until filled.