We are looking for a talented, smiling, enthusiastic Host who cares deeply about culture and a positive work environment. We offer health, dental, and vision insurance after 60 days of working full time (minimum 30 hours). After a year of continuous full-time employment, we offer two weeks of paid vacation taken at employees' regular rate of pay.
About our Culture...
Here at Tiny's No. 5, we are passionate about three things: food, service, and our employees. We are always looking for good people to come and join our family and make Tiny's No. 5 the best it can be!
Being part of the Tiny's team means more than just having a job. We believe in nurturing and teaching our employees, providing room to grow, and offering opportunities for leadership. The best part about Tiny's is who we get to surround ourselves with every day. We pride ourselves in our culture and the high standards we set for each other. We want people to come to work happy and feel taken care of, so they can provide the best service for our guests.
Job Purpose: Tiny Boxwoods Productions Hosts provide a genuine sense of hospitality that exceed guests expectations by providing friendly, authentic, and polite service with a pleasing personality and a smile. Hosts are the face of our restaurant and must accurately embody the Tiny Boxwoods Productions brand.
Duties and Responsibilities: The primary job duties and responsibilities of being a Host include but are not limited to the following:
- Must be passionate about hospitality
- Must learn and be knowledgeable of reservation and point of sale software
- Greet every guest with a smile
- Ability to interact socially with guests with enthusiasm in a polite and friendly manner
- Must ensure all guests are well taken care and needs are met
- Excellent menu presentation
- Introductions of guests to their servers
- Must learn and be knowledgeable of food and beverage menu
- Confidence and knowledge to answer guests questions accurately
- Deliver reservation and guest cover information to Manager and Chef on duty
- Monitor guest waiting lists
- Ability to estimate wait times for seating of guests
- Must be able to strategize table flow
- Understanding of seating rotation between different servers to ensure even workload
- Observe tables and keep track on clean, dirty, and occupied tables
- Ability to reset tables correctly with polished glassware, cutlery, and linen
- Minimal food handling of cookies and pastry items
- Must adhere to sanitation, safety and alcohol beverage control policy and regulations
- Various light cleaning tasks and side work
- Maintains restrooms checks throughout shift
- Answering and directing phone calls in a professional manner
- Clear communication skills
- Close attention to detail
- Able to take direction
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing tasks effectively and quickly
- Performs up to company standards, expectations, and policies
- Must always be pressed and tailored and follows company dress code policy
- Performs other duties as directed
Tiny's No. 5 offers competitive wages, daily family meals, generous employee discounts and beautiful spaces to work.