We are looking for a talented, smiling, enthusiastic Bartender who cares deeply about culture and a positive work environment. We offer health, dental, and vision insurance after 60 days of working full time (minimum 30 hours). After a year of continuous full-time employment, we offer two weeks of paid vacation taken at employees' regular rate of pay.
About our Culture...
Here at Tiny Boxwoods, we are passionate about three things: food, service, and our employees. We are always looking for good people to come and join our family and make Tiny Boxwoods the best it can be!
Being part of the Tinys team means more than just having a job. We believe in nurturing and teaching our employees, providing room to grow, and offering opportunities for leadership. The best part about Tinys is who we get to surround ourselves with every day. We pride ourselves in our culture and the high standards we set for each other. We want people to come to work happy and feel taken care of, so they can provide the best service for our guests.
Job Purpose: Tiny Boxwoods Productions has one of the best coffee programs in Houston & Austin, as well as a growing spirits and wine program. Our Bartenders care deeply about our culture, providing a genuine sense of hospitality that exceed guests expectations. They provide a friendly, authentic, and enthusiastic experience with perfect service.
Duties and Responsibilities: The primary job duties and responsibilities of being a Bartender include but are not limited to the following:
- Must be passionate about food, coffee, wine, and spirits
- Must learn and be knowledgeable of the food and beverage menus
- Prepare bar and lounge for morning, afternoon, and evening service
- Must ensure all guests are well taken care of at the bar and in the restaurant
- Ability to interact socially with guests in a polite and friendly manner
- Take guests' orders, organize timing of each course delivery from kitchen
- Food handling and service to bar patrons
- Provide outstanding full service for guests throughout their meal
- Ability to use and maintain a restaurant quality espresso machine
- Must monitor quality control and guest satisfaction
- Confident and professional salesmanship
- Ability to use Point of Service computer system (POS) to enter guests food and beverage orders
- Cash handling of guests checks including credit card payments utilizing a POS system
- Follow recipes to maintain consistency
- Minimal food preparation to include the cleaning and cutting of fruit
- Serve alcohol responsibly
- Follow side work procedures, keeping the bar properly cleaned and organized from open to close
- Answering and directing phone calls in a professional manner
- Follow a proper restaurant etiquette to take to-go orders
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing tasks effectively and quickly
- Close attention to detail
- Must adhere to sanitation, safety and alcohol beverage control policy and regulations
- Must always be pressed and tailored, complying to the dress code policy
- Performs up to the company standards, expectations and policies
- Performs other duties as assigned
Tiny Boxwoods offers competitive wages, daily family meals, generous employee discounts and beautiful spaces to work.