Join the Caribou Medical Center Team
Tucked away in a vast mountain range, alongside a beautiful reservoir, Caribou Medical Center in Soda Springs, Idaho is a rural community located in the southeastern corner of Idaho. It is a beautiful 45 minute drive to the larger cities of Pocatello, Idaho and Logan, Utah. The area that provides breathtaking views and numerous outdoor recreational opportunities. Many people enjoy hunting, fishing, camping, hiking, kayaking, snow machining, ATV rides, and boating.
Caribou Medical Center is a 25 bed critical access hospital that is dedicated to an organizational culture where leadership is committed to the development of people, and employees feel supported, valued, and inspired.
Our Mission is to be the trusted center of healing for the communities we serve.
Our Visions is to partner with communities we serve, be a catalyst for patient-centered care in a healing environment, and commit to the stewardship of healthcare resources to provide sustainable, high quality healthcare.
We Value integrity, respect, progressive, cooperative, honorable, and trusted.
As a member of our team we offer support for continuing education, competitive wages, and a full benefits package. Benefits package includes:
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Shield/ Identify Theft program
- 401 K with employer match up to 8%
- Health Reimbursement Account
Ultra Sound Tech Job Summary/Objective: Performs general diagnostic radiologic exams and assists physicians with specialty exams.
Performs general diagnostic sonographic exams. Includes ultrasounds of the abdomen, pelvis, ob, vascular, cardiac, and some specialty exams.
- Uses established techniques and implements strict infection control and safety measures in the performance of duties.
- Receives and reviews requisitions for sonography examinations and procedures. Organizes daily work schedule and gives priority to stat requisitions.
- Responsible for the care and safety of patients undergoing treatment and use of equipment to minimize hazards of electric shock, burns, or prolonged positioning discomfort.
- Responsible for safe handling of equipment.
- Instructs and prepares patients for sonography examinations.
- Assesses patient's understanding of process and informed consent of invasive procedures.
- Assesses, evaluates and informs physician of changes in patient's condition during exam.
- Selects appropriate equipment to use for procedure.
- Determines most suitable anatomical posture and positions for patients.
- Programs sonographic machine(s) and performs diagnostic sonograms for a variety of examinations.
- Dicoms exams on PACS system.
- Takes call according to emergency status.
- Completes all work before clocking out and leaving. This includes checking with nurses' stations and ER.
General department duties
- Respects patients' rights to privacy and dignity.
- Know hospital policies and the functions of other departments.
- Maintains regulatory requirements.
- Cleans examination rooms, table, equipment and dispose of soiled linens.
- Restock supplies as needed.
- Reports malfunctioning equipment to supervisor and contracted maintenance provider.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled; completes work within designated time and gives priority to stat requisitions.
- Consistently completes and maintains assigned duties.
- Wears identification while on duty.
- Keeps appearance neat and clean and dresses according to departmental policies.
Performs department clerical duties.
- Schedules in- and out-patient for examinations and procedures, providing instructions for patient preparations.
- Provides courteous and responsive communication to patients while on the phone and in person.
- Makes copies of patient exams on CD or print selected images as requested.
- Inputs and/or completes charges for patient examinations in E.H.R. system.
- Maintains daily log of exams.
- Cooperates with staff to achieve department goals and prepare patients for procedures.
- Provides courteous and responsive communication to patients in person and on the phone.
Other duties as assigned. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.