At Bennett Thrasher, we offer the expertise and opportunities of a large accounting firm, while providing a commitment to culture and a family-like work atmosphere. By joining our firm, you’ll have immediate opportunities to collaborate on meaningful work with clients in a variety of industries, and work together with other associates across practices. You’ll not only be able to dive into challenging projects with a diverse set of clients, you’ll also have opportunities to participate in firm activities that reflect your individual passions; from our Business Resource Groups to the BT Foundation.
We work hard to help our clients solve challenges, but we also believe in taking time for what matters and offer benefits for you that reflect this mindset. We offer a competitive benefits program that includes generous vacation time, exceptional opportunities for growth and flexibility in both our dress code and work model. Apply today to learn more about how you can excel in a career with Bennett Thrasher.
Bennett Thrasher (“BT”) has an opening for a Valuation Staff Associate. Working as part of a team and utilizing resources to add value to clients, staff associates learn how to perform valuations of business enterprises and ownership interest, intellectual property and other intangible assets in connection with engagements for financial reporting, estate and gift, litigation and mergers and acquisitions.
- Develops effective working relationships with clients and firm associates
- Works effectively in teams to provide quality service to clients
- Gains a comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes and business objectives, and utilizes that knowledge during engagements
- Prepares, analyzes and explains historical and projected financial information
- Reviews data about material assets, net worth, liabilities, capital stock, surplus, income and expenditures
- Conducts research of guideline companies and other market data
- Identifies technical matters and conducts research, documentation and conclusion; seeks help when issues are beyond experience
- Participates in the project planning process and works with members of the team to identify and resolve any client issues discovered during engagements
- Enters income statements and balance sheets into the valuation model
- Assists in building valuation and litigation models
- Supports interns in professional development
- Contributes and supports new ideas on internal processes and client engagements
- Assists in report preparation, proposals and executive presentations
- Maintains open communication with management regarding the progress of completion on projects
- Executes feedback to minimize repeated errors and apply new concepts
- Participates actively in training and developmental opportunities
- Utilizes computer applications and relevant technology effectively