An Elementary assistant teacher at MRA, first and foremost, loves children. An MRA Elementary School teacher has daily responsibility for the social, emotional, and educational wellbeing of children in his or her care. Consequently, an MRA Elementary School teacher strives to have a child-centered classroom at all times and should be willing to do whatever is necessary, both inside and outside the school day, to impact the lives of our children. An MRA Elementary School teacher should also be an expert in his or her field and should understand the nature of academic inquiry. The teacher should be a lifelong learner who has a passion for that which he or she teaches. Finally, an MRA Elementary School teacher endorses and affirms the mission, vision, and beliefs of the school.
MRA is a college preparatory school with a Christian foundation committed to educating each students mind, body, and spirit.
- Work toward the goal of accomplishing the Portrait of a Graduate in all students.
- Maintain standards of the Characteristics of Professional Excellence Be intentional about maintaining the Culture of MRA Maintain an atmosphere where employee relations are positive, supportive, and collegial
- To plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences
- To develop schemes of work and lesson plans
- To provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities
- To identify and select different instructional resources and methods to meet students' varying needs
- To instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment
- To use relevant technology to support instruction
- To observe and evaluate student's performance and development
- To assign and grade class work, homework, tests and assignments and to design such assessment in a way that allows students to operate on higher levels of Blooms Taxonomy
- To provide appropriate and timely feedback on student work
- To encourage and monitor the progress of individual students
- To maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development
- To update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by law and by school regulation
- To prepare required reports on students and activities
- To manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures
- To maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school
- To apply appropriate disciplinary measures where necessary
- To perform certain pastoral duties including student support, counseling students with academic problems, and providing encouragement
- To participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, clubs and student organizations
- To participate in divisional meetings, school meetings, and parent meetings
- To communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues, and parents regarding student progress and student needs
- To keep updated with developments in subject area, teaching resources and methods and make relevant changes to instructional plans and activities
- To perform other duties as assigned by the Elementary Principal and/or Head of School
- To support the school and its leadership
Evaluated: An annual written evaluation is provided by the Elementary Principal.
Type of position: This is a contracted, exempt employee that is paid on a salaried basis.