Key Competencies: Building Collaborative Relationships, Innovation / Creativity, Adaptability, Developing Self & Others
Principal Accountabilities& Deliverables
• Work with Account Manager and/or Sales Manager in assigned stores to conduct resets in specific store sections.
• Partner with store personnel and co-workers to achieve and maintain merchandising excellence, discuss changes, and build an effective working relationship.
• Remove discontinued and slow moving items from shelves.
• Clean shelves, racks and display cases.
• Measure shelves for correct height and width, move shelves as necessary.
• Re-tag product in its new location.
• Stock/fill sections with product and create displays.
• Report and discuss observations and issues with Home Center Account Manager and/or Sales Manager.
• Utilize web based applications to receive work documentation and information, record work start and completion times, record work mileage, record work time and attendance, and document resets and/or other activities.
• Effectively and accurately prepare, process, submit, and manage documentation related to assigned reset and other work.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Education / Experience and Skills
• High School Diploma required and/or 1-2 years customer service experience in retail is preferred but not required.
• Proficient at prioritizing, planning, and organization.
• Able to read and understand a schematic written in English.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with others.
• Attention to details, safety and quality.
• Ability to work well in a team environment and individually.
• Must be outgoing and able to accurately troubleshoot hurdles.
• Ability to anticipate, analyze, and prioritize complex problems.
• Demonstrated proficiency in utilizing technology CRM, smartphones or other handheld devices.
• Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to assigned locations at assigned times.
• Must be to travel to assigned stores and meetings as needed.
• Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 60 pounds 40% or less of the workday.
• Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 5% or less of the workday.
• Must be able to talk, see, hear, concentrate, think, learn and reason for all of the workday.
• Must be able to walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
• Must be able to do manual tasks for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
• Work is performed indoors in a climate controlled environment.
At Capital, we believe in developing our employees and promoting from within. We also believe a team that works hard should also make room to have fun. Not only do we create and preserve a safe work environment, we also strive for continuous improvement. We offer competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, and vacation time. To be considered, please apply now.