Qualifications, Skills, & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or related experience working for a nonprofit organization.
- A passion for the organization’s mission of inclusion for children and adults with intellectual disabilities.
- Must be a detail-oriented, highly organized self-starter, capable of taking direction but working independently and collaboratively with a team
- Able to regularly exercise discretion, critical thinking, and independent judgement to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Proven skills with proofreading and editing documents.
- Demonstrated experience with planning and executing events.
- Experience working with volunteers and people with disabilities is highly preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to effectively manage conflicting priorities to meet objectives and deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong networking and presentation skills.
- Must be flexible with work schedule, including willingness to work occasional nights and weekends as needed.
If you excel in rapidly changing environments and diligently meet deadlines, we want to meet you! We are a dynamic, fun, fast paced and highly productive organization looking to create more inclusive opportunities for people with intellectual disabilities.
We offer an inclusive, casual work environment with robust benefits for staff. This position may require occasional travel throughout Northern Nevada on weekdays, evenings, and weekends.
This is an exempt position which requires some travel to Northern Nevada to support programs and events. Benefits include, but are not limited to: Medical, dental, vision, 403B (retirement plan), life and long-term disability insurance, vacation, personal days, sick days, federal holidays, and a paid winter break.
Special Olympics Nevada is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin, or disabilities. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities; please let us know if you need accommodations for the interview process. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with diverse backgrounds.