Authorizes regulates and controls flights according to government and company regulations to expedite and ensure the safety of flight.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Request amount of fuel, oil, deicing needed to line service from student or instructor, and fuel regulations prescribed by Federal Aviation Agency.
- Guide and direct students in scheduling flight operations and utilization of aircraft.
- Responsible for arrival/end-of-day inspection of the for security.
- Schedule, plan, and control the dispatch of aircraft, report all schedule changes, and student/instructor "no shows" daily.
- Review documentation to release flight for takeoff including financial means to pay for flight scheduling flight.
- Coordinate with instructors to ensure students for flight.
- Coordinate with Director of Maintenance on requirements and estimated time in commission (ETIC).
- Ensure aircraft maintenance schedules and aircraft time in service does not ADs and 100- hour inspection intervals.
- Prepare log of flights, delays, and cancellations, and list reasons for changes in schedule or flight plans.
- Complete reports as required.
- Maintain dispatch area in a professional manner and enforce the Student Code of Conduct rules while a positive, customer-friendly attitude.
- Work a flexible schedule when required due to business necessity.
- Ensure compliance with all Spartan policies and procedures related to flight and dispatch operations.
- Perform other incidental duties as may be assigned.
Education and Work Experience
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree; and one to three month's related experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel software.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position requires a person to stand for a prolonged period of time, lift and carry up to 50 pounds and walk three flights of stairs. This position may also require a person to drive for extended periods of time. The long days can be physically demanding.
Spartan provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
In keeping with the above conviction, Spartan is committed to assuring that:
All recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and other employment related programs are provided fairly to all persons on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law;
Employment decisions are based on the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action; and all personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, training, and participation in
social and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.