We are looking for an experienced Chef to lead our kitchen team. Hours and schedule may vary. We are not open on Mondays and close at 2pm on Sundays, so having a set schedule of two days off a week is very manageable. We offer health, dental, and vision insurance after 60 days. 80 hours of paid vacation for the year is prorate and available upon hiring. After a year of continuous full-time employment, we offer 120 hours of paid vacation.
About our Culture...
Here at Tiny's No. 5 we are passionate about three things: food, service, and our employees. We are always looking for good people to come and join our family and make Tiny's No. 5 the best it can be!
Being part of the Tiny’s team means more than just having a job. We believe in nurturing and teaching our employees, providing room to grow, and offering opportunities for leadership. The best part about Tiny’s is who we get to surround ourselves with every day. We pride ourselves in our culture and the high standards we set for each other. We want people to come to work happy and feel taken care of, so they can provide the best service for our guests.
Job Purpose: The Executive Chef maintains the highest professional food quality and sanitation standards while providing effective leadership to the Kitchen Managers and kitchen staff. Executive Chefs lead staff, purchase food and stock, and make sure all staff are trained in proper food preparation and kitchen safety techniques. The Executive Chef is responsible for the overall operations for the back of house and kitchen area of the restaurant. Executive Chefs oversee and facilitate the preparation and production of all items that support Tiny's No. 5.
Duties and Responsibilities: The primary job duties and responsibilities of being a Executive Chef include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures staff are working efficiently and productively
- Supervises kitchen personnel, cooks, and dishwashers during shift
- Assistance with employment and termination decisions
- Disciplining staff; providing verbal and written warnings
- Oversee and ensure that Tiny's No. 5 policies on employee performance evaluations are followed and completed
- Provides constructive advice to employees, problem solving in difficult situations
- Training of new employees; to include but not limited to knowledge of company rules, policies, and procedures
- Training and supervision of kitchen personnel in safety operations of all kitchen equipment and utensils
- Develop and cross train all team members
- Manage shift labor costs; schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring all positions are staffed when and as needed
- Completes all required daily paperwork, including manager logs, reports, inventory, checklists, and schedules in an organized and timely manner
- Responsible for ordering and receiving food products, following health and sanitation standards
- Must monitor quality control and guest satisfaction
- Planning and directing all food production in a kitchen
- Ability to operate commercial kitchen equipment including but not limited to ovens, mixers, conveyors, ranges, flat tops, and proofing cabinets.
- Understanding of kitchen terminology
- Work and master both AM and PM positions and shifts
- Responsible for menu updates/changes as needed – approved by ownership
- Create and maintain all kitchen checklists
- Enforce all Tiny Boxwoods Productions handbook standards
- Models the Tiny Boxwoods Productions culture at all times
- Completes appropriate HR paperwork in a timely manner
- Attends weekly meetings with all levels of management
- Meets all deadlines and completes projects as assigned
- Demonstrates teamwork with all levels of management
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned
Tiny's No. 5 offers competitive wages, daily family meals, generous employee discounts and beautiful spaces to work.