About the Position
CABVI (Cincinnati Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired) is currently seeking an experienced, capable, and highly motivated Social Worker to join our team! This is a full-time staff position reporting to the Social Services Manager. The social workers main function is to conduct initial client assessments for adult clients as requested; determine service plans and community resources when needed; and complete all necessary paperwork. Facilitate support groups and provide counseling as requested. The principal responsibilities for this position include:
- Conducts initial intake assessments. Consults with CABVI staff and contact persons to formulate plans.
- Schedules assessments within 10 working days after receipt of eye report.
- Addresses client and family emotional needs in regard to vision loss.
- Shows warmth and empathy and uses consumer friendly language when conversing with clients.
- Informs client of appropriate services, accurately assesses clients readiness for service, and develops plan according to clients choices.
- Discuss funding options with clients and complete appropriate documentation.
- Utilizes current knowledge of community resources by appropriately referring callers to various resources.
- Shows ability to work with diverse population.
- Provides counseling, case management and support group services.
- Identifies counseling/case management needs and requests.
- Applies appropriate counseling/casework methods.
- Facilitates support groups as requested.
- Provide information and referral services to those contacting the agency.
- Provide appropriate and accurate information to callers in a warm and empathetic manner.
- Utilizes current knowledge of community resources by appropriately referring callers to various resources
- Maintains accurate and timely information on client service. Prepares other service reports in a timely manner.
- Prioritizes work for best service and timely completion.
- Dictates assessments and submit paperwork to manager within 5 business days of completion of assessment.
- Provides accurate and complete client information.
- Submits Day Sheets within 24 hours, mileage reports monthly and other reports on a timely basis.
- Initiate and actively participate in professional activities to help meet program or agency needs.
- Actively participate in program planning, program development and identification of unmet needs.
- Thorough preparation for projects and talks is made.
- Complete projects within a set timeline.
- Projects meet or exceed anticipated outcomes.
- Collaborate with other staff as needed.
- Handle tours and talks when requested