Worker’s Compensation Adjuster –
Midwest Family Mutual Insurance Company is seeking an experienced Worker’s Compensation Claims Adjuster. Applicants must have a minimum of 3 years of experience handling Work Comp Indemnity claims and litigation. Midwest Family is currently writing WC in several states including AZ, CO, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, MN, MO, MT, NE, NM, NV, OR, SD, UT, and WI, with anticipated expansion into KY, MI, and PA. Multijurisdictional adjusting experience in AZ, CO, and UT is a plus.
This is a Telework (work from home) position that requires ability to work independently, access to high speed internet and a dedicated home office space.
Essential Job Functions
- Confirm coverage and policy information.
- Establish proper loss reserves and negotiate loss settlements.
- Monitor outside vendors/attorneys and their expenses.
- Maintain compliance with Workers' Compensation procedures and requirements established by regulatory authorities.
- Pursue Workers' Compensation liens and subrogation when appropriate.
- Maintain compliance with claims practice rules and internal instructions.
- Keep supervisor advised of significant claim development.
- Answer correspondence and inquiries promptly from brokers/agents, insured’s, claimants, doctors, attorneys, outside vendors, etc.
- Compliance with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.