Operations Manager – Otherworld Philadelphia
We are seeking an experienced, organized, and enthusiastic full-time candidate eager to join our organization. You will play a key role on the leadership team of a facility within our nationwide portfolio of entertainment assets that includes Immersive Interactive Experiences, Haunted Attractions, Halloween Festivals, Escape Rooms, and Axe Throwing. We are looking for someone with a passion for operating cutting-edge experiences for guests as well as strong supervisory experience in the entertainment and attractions industry. To be successful in this role, you should be a thoughtful leader and a confident decision-maker, helping our staff develop, while ensuring Otherworld Philadelphia and Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group achieve their financial and staffing goals. The Operations Manager ensures that day-to-day business run smoothly.
- Facility Maintenance and upkeep.
- Give magnificent guest service. Most importantly, the operations manager takes care of our guests. They engage them and help convert them to loyalists and superfans.
- Lead the operations staff. The operations manager provides their team with clear expectations, thorough training, and results-oriented coaching. They support the staff, giving them what they need to proudly represent Otherworld and help achieve our daily goals.
- Achieve or exceed sales and staffing goals. Through preparation and dedicated, focused staff coaching, they achieve sales and cost goals.
- Ensure flawless presentation and cleanliness. Ensure that Otherworld is looking and sounding pristine, well stocked with consumables, and functioning properly each day, before and during operation. Always reporting any technical issues clearly and efficiently to the technical staff.
- Help wherever and whenever necessary. Operations management is just one part of Otherworld. Each part works together, helping however is necessary to make Otherworld as successful as possible. We do this because we care about our community, believe in what we’re doing and enjoy making incredible experiences for our guests.
· Recruit, hire and train an entirely brand-new team of exhibit guides, event staff, security staff and clean team.
· Assist General Manager with training of operations staff.
· Ensure staff understand job responsibilities and procedures.
· Ensure that payroll is submitted on an assigned payroll schedule.
· Schedule teams for both day-to-day business and special events
· Coach staff and provide positive and critical feedback on a regular basis to elevate the overall efficiency and performance of the operations team.
· Day to day – ensure all exhibits, systems and infrastructure are in good working condition, clean, and present a professional image.
· Work closely with the Sales and Exhibit Managers to create a cohesive work environment where cashiers, ops staff and exhibit staff are working hand in hand to create a world class guest experience.
· Supplies – ensure all necessary supplies are stocked.
· Ensure company procedures are carried out for opening and closing the facility.
· Complete all internal paperwork on a timely and quality basis.
Assist with training supervisors and staff to ensure the following goals are reached:
· Greet customers in a friendly and professional manner.
· Resolve customer complaints.
· Encourage customers to share and review their experience via online outlets.
· Engage with customers as needed through the entirety of their visit.
· 5+ years of leadership experience working in an interactive exhibit, theme park, live event, museum, restaurant, haunted house, or gallery environment.
· Strong interpersonal skills and possession of a full understanding of professional business ethics, decorum, and social skills.
· Strong operational experience
· Excellent organization skills, manages time well, correctly prioritizes and is flexible.
· Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays, and late nights
· A positive, can-do attitude required
· Accountable with openness to both lead and support as needed.
· Must be able to support the development of a healthy internal culture that retains key employees and encourages their professional development.
· Must pass company background screen and reference check
· Must have reliable transportation
· Ability to adapt to a fast-paced work environment.
· Competitive Salary
· Health Coverage
· Professional development opportunities
· Staff discounts
All applicants must be 18 years old or older and sign a non-disclosure agreement. Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Thirteenth Floor Entertainment Group participates in E-Verify as required by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Philadelphia, PA 19114: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Management: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: In person