At Capital, we know that a building is only as strong as the materials its made of. We also know that a company is only as strong as the employees who keep it running. Because of this, we value more than just delivering the best products. We value investing in the best people.
At Capital, we have 65 years of success behind us, but we need innovative and dedicated employees to take us into the future. When you join the Capital team, you're empowered to succeed, encouraged to grow, and rewarded for your hard work.
Position Summary: Provide local HR guidance and support for the branch leadership team and employee population in alignment with Capital HR practices.
Building Collaborative Relationships
Innovation / Creativity
Developing Self & Others
- Assists in hiring process by coordinating job posting on the website, reviewing resumes, and performing telephone interviews.
- Establish relationships with local university to provide pipeline of internship talent and attend job fairs.
- In coordination with Corporate HR, coordinate local HR functions including the facilitation of performance management process to include but not limited to: on-boarding, goal setting, employee feedback and coaching as well as performance evaluation; provides guidance to managers on all performance management, individual development plans (IDPs) compensation and on-boarding activity; ensures branches are aware of processes and can utilize tools.
- Consult with management and employees to identify, evaluate, and resolve employee and work performance problems within established Capital general Human Resources practices.
- Ensure payroll, local transactional and administrative HR processes occur in an accurate and timely manner.
- Facilitate local employee communication in support of corporate initiatives including but not limited to: 401(k), benefits, safety, employee engagement, leadership and employee development etc.
- Participate in the design and implementation of key corporate Human Resources initiatives including but not limited to: succession planning, new hire orientation, performance management, employee retention, and safety.
- Support, as needed, the development and implementation of local branch policies, procedures, cultural initiatives, and objective setting in order to achieve division and organizational goals.
- Facilitates regular, meaningful two-way communication between the branch and Human Resources and corporate teams on key HR issues.
- Ensures compliance with all federal and state employment laws, company policy and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.