At Bennett Thrasher, we offer the expertise and opportunities of a large accounting firm, while providing a commitment to culture and a family-like work atmosphere. By joining our firm, you’ll have immediate opportunities to collaborate on meaningful work with clients in a variety of industries and work together with other associates across practices. You’ll not only be able to dive into challenging projects with a diverse set of clients, you’ll also have opportunities to participate in firm activities that reflect your individual passions; from our Business Resource Groups to the BT Foundation.
We work hard to help our clients solve challenges, but we also believe in taking time for what matters and offer benefits for you that reflect this mindset. We offer a competitive benefits program that includes generous vacation time, exceptional opportunities for growth and flexibility in both our dress code and work model. Apply today to learn more about how you can excel in a career with Bennett Thrasher.
Bennett Thrasher (“BT”) has an opening for a Entertainment Senior Associate. Working as part of a team and utilizing resources to add value to client, a staff helps to perform the detailed work of agreed upon procedures and audits to motion picture studios, television networks, independent film producers and digital entertainment companies across the nation to help them claim, plan and monetize production incentives. The Senior often leads and trains Staff on basic engagements and performs a detailed first-review on those projects.
- Develops effective working relationships with clients and firm associates
- Collaborates with others to provide quality service to clients
- Attends and is able to participate in client meetings as needed
- Communicates (both verbally and electronically) effectively to clients and firm associates
- Analyzes accounting records, general ledgers or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to procedural standards
- Develops expertise with MTC (Multistate Tax Commission) statistical sampling software
- Plans and performs agreed upon procedures and audits in accordance with BT methodology using effective delegation to maximize engagement efficiency
- Recognizes potential issues from basic analysis of general ledgers and other financial reports and effectively communicates them to the team
- Researches technical areas and presents own conclusions prior to discussing with managers/partners
- Efficiently reviews workpapers from Staff as a first reviewer
- Builds and maintains positive relationships across the firm
- Supports interns and staff in professional development and by being available throughout engagements
- Effectively manages staff
- Contributes and supports new ideas on internal processes and client engagements
- Provides suggestions for work papers in a timely manner and coaches associates through thought provoking and directional review notes
- Maintains open communication with management regarding the progress of completion on project
- Executes feedback to minimize repeated errors and apply new concepts
- Plans and performs agreed upon procedures as set out in state audit manuals
- Participates actively in training and developmental opportunities, both as an attendee and as a facilitator
- Utilizes computer applications and relevant technology effectively
- Actively studying and preparing for the CPA certification