Responsible for performing all diagnostic radiological procedures in a timely manner. Performs procedures according to physicians orders in the patients chart or per prescription on outpatients. As a member of the care team, the Radiology Technologist-Hospital is responsible for working collaboratively with other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of patient care. In addition, the Radiology Technologist-Hospital must be able and willing to cross-train into other appropriate modalities.
Flexible schedules to cover all shifts and weekends, as hospital needs demand.
- Performs radiological procedures in a timely manner; documents required information and communicates to primary physician and direct care staff pertinent information.
- Coordinates and assists the care of patients assigned in collaboration with other radiology technologists, physicians, nurses and allied health staff.
- Evaluates patient condition in order to adequately perform radiology exams.
- Informs and explains procedure to be performed to patients and what is expected in terms of his/her cooperation.
- Provides comprehensive direct patient care and assures a safe and comforting environment.
- Consults with other staff as necessary to meet the needs of the patient and family.
- Ensures the necessary clinical equipment and supplies are available and are safely utilized.
- Possesses the knowledge of growth and development of patients across the life span (neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric).
- Performs Point of Care procedures in a timely manner according to established policy and procedure. Documents required information and complies with all Point of Care quality control standards.