- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in publishing or similar industry and demonstrated abilities with marketing and sales responsibilities.
- Degree from a 4-year university preferred but not required. A combination of equivalent education and work experience may be substituted for the above requirements.
- The ability to work a hybrid schedule is required, working in the Oxford office at least 1 day on-site. Specific days are flexible.
- Must be a proficient user of MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of InDesign, SalesForce, Sharepoint, and Biblio beneficial. Experience with database work preferred.
- Demonstrated accuracy, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Proficiency across various modes of communication.
- Capability to interact appropriately and respectfully with others
- Ability to adapt to changes in workload and to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- Capacity to work independently for long periods of time.
- Willingness to travel to other locations as necessary.
- Prior publishing experience focused on international marketing and sales preferred.
- A positive outlook, and proactive and efficient approach to handling tasks in a busy department.
- Enthusiasm for collaboration and commitment to professional codes of conduct; the Press’s may be accessed at https://press.princeton.edu/about/mission-values.
- This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. PUP will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants.
PUP is a strong advocate for greater diversity, equity, and inclusion in the university press community. Individuals who are members of groups underrepresented in academic publishing (which is, according to research by Lee & Low, historically a majority white, straight, cisgender, and nondisabled, neurotypical industry) are encouraged to apply.
Base Salary: £25,000/year. Starting salary dependent on prior relevant experience.
Application Instructions: Interested candidates should send a covering letter* with salary requirements, and a CV to PUP’s application website. Closing date for applications, Sunday, 13 November 2022.
*Please include in your covering letter a description of what you are currently reading and what is on your “to read” list. Note that the cover letter is valued and reviewed closely as a writing sample and an assessment for communication skills.
Due to application volume, only finalists will be contacted. For more information on Princeton University Press, visit http://press.princeton.edu/.