- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or related field
- 5-10 years of experience in writing, editing, publication and project management; experience in an educational or nonprofit setting preferred
- Exceptional writing, editing, storytelling and proofreading skills; knowledge of AP Style
- Outstanding organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Solid design and creative skills
- Experience working with graphic designers, photographers, printers and other vendors
- Proficiency in Apple/Mac platform, Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Adobe Creative Suite and Canva
- Collaborative team player with a sense of humor and a passion for education and children
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Excellent health and retirement benefits are part of the employment package. Lunch is included. Funding exists to support continuing education and professional development. Financial benefits include tuition remission for children and discounts on summer programs and after-school programs.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, a resume, 3-5 writing or publication samples, and the names and contact information of three references via the employment page at www.shadysideacademy.org. Shady Side Academy is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, national and ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.
About Shady Side Academy
Shady Side Academy is a nationally respected private school in Pittsburgh for boys and girls in grades pre-kindergarten through 12, with an optional boarding experience in high school. Four age-specific campuses with extraordinary resources, teachers who actively mentor, a forward-thinking curriculum, a diverse and inclusive community, and a legacy of alumni accomplishments all inspire Shady Side students to high achievement in academics, the arts and athletics, and to meaningful ambitions in life. Visit the school’s website at www.shadysideacademy.org. Our campuses are tobacco-free.