Crystal Bridges is a museum of American art located in Bentonville, Arkansas. We explore the unfolding story of America by actively collecting, exhibiting, interpreting, and preserving outstanding works that illuminate the American heritage and artistic possibilities.
We are passionate about transforming lives through experiences that encourage the discovery of new ideas, expanded dreams, and inspired actions.
As an intern at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, you will be empowered to think creatively, ask questions, and make suggestions to help move the institution forward.
The Development Internship with Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art is designed to provide an overview of the skills and responsibilities required to successfully research, identify, and cultivate donors and sponsors for Development.
The Development Intern will contribute to the advancement of Crystal Bridges prospecting strategy while gaining practical experience and skills in the areas of research, proposal development, and funder cultivation and stewardship. The Development Intern will also receive an overview of the museums greater fundraising initiatives, including but not limited to membership, major gifts, and corporate sponsorships. The opportunity to customize specific projects is available based on the interns unique interests, skills, and career goals.
Areas of Support:
The Development Intern will actively participate and perform duties in the following functional areas:
- Donor Cultivation, Stewardship, and Pipeline Development
- Conducting prospect research
- Crafting donor solicitation materials
- Help preparing reports, documents, letters and other correspondence related to donor stewardship and cultivation.
- Generating commonly used development documents, i.e. development calendars, prospect pipeline
- Assisting in the execution of development events when available
- Other Development tasks as assigned
- Introduction to soliciting funding from individuals and corporations and the museums membership program
- Other duties as assigned