At Bennett Thrasher, we offer the expertise and opportunities of a large accounting firm, while providing a commitment to culture and a family-like work atmosphere. By joining our firm, you’ll have immediate opportunities to collaborate on meaningful work with clients in a variety of industries, and work together with other associates across practices. You’ll not only be able to dive into challenging projects with a diverse set of clients, you’ll also have opportunities to participate in firm activities that reflect your individual passions; from our Business Resource Groups to the BT Foundation.
We work hard to help our clients solve challenges, but we also believe in taking time for what matters and offer benefits for you that reflect this mindset. We offer a competitive benefits program that includes generous vacation time, exceptional opportunities for growth and flexibility in both our dress code and work model. Apply today to learn more about how you can excel in a career with Bennett Thrasher.
Bennett Thrasher (“BT”) has an opening for a Network/Security Analyst. You will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining systems used in our security program and current network infrastructure. The Network/Security Analysts will leverage an in-depth understanding of cyber security threats, technologies and countermeasures to ensure secure computer systems. This often includes tasks like installing and configuring security software and appliances to prevent attacks, educating employees on data security, monitoring and protecting against network breaches, and responding to cyber attacks with the appropriate countermeasures. Analysts have opportunities for mentorship from more senior members of the team, and involvement with maturing procedures, evaluating new security technologies, incident response, and the freedom to try out new ideas and technologies to improve the firm’s security posture.
- Perform endpoint security monitoring, security event triage, and incident response for antivirus products, coordinates with other team members and management to document and report incidents
- Take on Security Operations responsibilities that includes but is not limited to documentation, basic malware analysis, exceptions tracking, security tool management, tuning, and configuration, along with metrics and reporting
- Assist in initially assessing the adequacy of the security/ IT controls for the firm’s environment and business objectives
- Ensure the efficient operations of integrated components within the environment such as VPNs, routers, firewalls, switches, etc.
- Maintain network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor
- Use analytical skills to define risk, identify potential threats, document and develop action/mitigation plan
- Maintain existing documentation of procedures, operations and network topology
- Appropriately prioritize both IT projects and day‐to‐day operations
- Understand business needs and educate staff on current and emerging threats
- Stay up to date with key technology development/issues within the technology and accounting industry