Title: Deposit Operations Coordinator I Employment Status: Full Time
Department: Deposit Operations Location: Operations Center
Reports To: Deposit Operations Supervisor
SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the Operations Supervisor the Deposit Operations Coordinator is responsible for a wide variety of customer service and performs daily activities related to deposit Operations. This coordinators positions talent and experience must blend with the MSB values to effectively provide superior customer service to the bank’s customers and fellow employees. Duties include but are not limited to account maintenance, ACH processing, Exceptions Processing, e-banking functions (cards, internet, mobile), e-branch activities as well as performing quality control to ensure compliance with the US Patriot Act and the Banks CIP policy. Assist with projects that affect the department and the bank as a whole and acts as a resource for other team members in the department. Additionally, this position embraces the established sales and service culture while coaching employees to maximize their contribution to the Bank’s goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to successfully perform quality work within deadlines with or without supervision, interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers; work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments and work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Answers telephones and assists internal and external customers queries regarding anything Deposit related.
- Responds to customers email queries via the chat function and e-banking in a timely fashion.
- Identifies customer needs and proactively cross-sells MSB’s products and services
- Participates in projects that are implemented by the bank and help ensure success of the project
- Assist internal and external auditors and regulators with their respective engagements
- Make recommendations to update current procedures to increase efficiencies and productivity. Provides back-up assistance throughout the department in achieving its goals.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion – Main Street Bank has a reputation of providing excellent customer service as such; employees must adhere to the code of ethics in discharging their duties and representing the bank within the community.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required in order to continue the high standard of customer service
- In the performance of respective tasks and duties, the employee is expected to maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance with Bank Secrecy Act regulations and adheres to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements and policies as well as attending all required training sessions and completing all required on-line training courses.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- One-year related banking experience preferably in an operations environment
- Good working knowledge of Data Processing Systems required (FIS preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products, Outlook, and the Internet
- Solid understanding and application of administration activities with an understanding of office procedures and ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Time management
- Excellent Communication Skills (written, verbal),
- Accurate attention to detail
- Sound Judgement
- Confidentiality, Discretion
- Excellent Organizational Skills,
- Proficient Prioritization skills
- Good mathematical problem solving
- Creative and Resourceful
- Relationship Builder - Develops and maintains relationships with officers, employees and external contacts and maintains alignment with core values, vision, strategy and goals.
- Computer Technology Savvy - Utilize technology/systems to improve work processes and use a range of technology to solve problems.
LANGUAGE/COGNITIVE SKILLS: The person in this position frequently communicates with all departments and customers, about banking products, services, bank accounts & transactions, and therefore must be able to exchange accurate information in these cases. They will need to, use judgment and discretion in decision making situations, interpret and follow all Bank policies and procedures, write/create reports and business correspondence, (Main Street Bank’s standard language is English). As well as the ability to:
- Speak and effectively present/communicate information and respond to questions from customers, groups of managers, vendors and other employees.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Read, analyze and interpret a variety documents such as market research analysis, industry news and trends and Bank policies and procedures.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT: The physical and work environment demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, (i.e. files/boxes of files)
- Regularly required to remain in a stationary position, 75% of the time
- Occasionally required to stoop and bend.
Mental & Visual Demands
- Consistently operate a computer for extended periods of time
- Specific vision abilities may be required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Regular use of office productivity machinery (i.e. a calculator, copy machine, fax machine, computer printer).
Work Environment and Hazards:
- Occasionally move throughout the inside the department/Bank to access resources and individuals
- Occasional local travel for bank purposes and/or on behalf of the bank (i.e. training, community events).
- The employee must be able to work schedules that meet the needs of the bank, which may include early morning, evening and/or weekend hours.
- It is a general office environment where the noise level is moderate
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Main Street Bank complies with all aspects of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws. This means that we will not discriminate against qualified individuals with a disability in any phase of the employment relationship including application for employment, hiring, promotions and/or advancement opportunities, termination, compensation, training and any other conditions or privileges of employment.