TITLE: A/V Tech Manager
DEPARTMENT: Technology Services
Classification (FLSA): Exempt, Salary*
REPORTS TO: Chief Technology Officer
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Audio/Visual Tech Manager (AVTM) coordinates and manages the following duties: providing a/v setups for major campus events as requested by academic and administrative department heads; providing technical support for faculty, staff and administration as needed; properly maintaining College A/V and other tech gear; providing general IT tech support to the campus community as a member of the Technology Services staff.
The AVTM manages student employees (assigned to A/V Tech duties) during each of the academic semesters and summer break. The AVTM is responsible for recruiting, hiring, and training student workers, as well as creating and managing their work schedules.
CHIEF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain College A/V equipment, including regular inventory, cleaning and repair of sensitive equipment.
- Maintain all permanently installed A/V equipment, including Sound systems, radio stations, Carillon Tower, etc.
- Provide, maintain and support portable A/V items (Projectors, Screens, TVs, etc.) for use by Academic and Administrative personnel.
- Provide A/V and related gear to personnel for the performance of College work tasks.
- Record Major Guest Lecturers, Summer Institute Lecturers and Special Conference Lecturers for archival, academic & marketing purposes.
- Curate and make available other recorded assets for use by various departments as requested.
- Manage and train student employees assigned to the Tech Services department for A/V duties.
- Engage in ongoing Professional Development for Tech Services purposes.
- Assists in the preparation of the Annual Budget for departmental and related programs.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
The successful candidate for the AVTM position will:
- Demonstrate understanding of the use and maintenance needs of Audio/Visual and other Tech equipment, including practical knowledge of audio and video production and duplication, live A/V applications, etc.
- Demonstrate computer technology skills (Windows, Mac, iOS, Android) especially as they relate to conveying audio/video material to and from campus constituents.
- Have superior Customer Service skills, demonstrating abilities in actively listening to, assessing, and addressing the A/V and other Tech needs of campus constituents.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand written materials of a technical nature.
Display proficiency in identifying complex A/V and other Tech problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement appropriate solutions.
PHYSICAL / MENTAL / EMOTIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
- Work may involve occasional transport and setup of heavy objects (up to ~45lbs.).
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends, and be able to respond to off-hour requests from faculty and staff at short notice.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time for the needs of the College, but a discussion between the employee and supervisor will take place prior to the change.