At Jamestown Family Health Clinic (JFHC) we are always accepting applications for Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners to join our growing team! This position services l chronic disease management, diagnosis and treatment of acute illness and injury, preventive medicine, and related patient education and counseling.
Why work for Jamestown S'Klallam Tribe?
As a committed and collaborative partner in our community for over four decades, the Jamestown S'Klallam Tribe (JST) has continued to grow the areas of economic development, healthcare, natural resources, hospitality, cultural preservation, and the arts. Through our Resort Enterprises and Tribal Government, we are now the second largest employer in Clallam County, and provide a wide range of employment opportunities to our Tribal Citizens and community.
Our employees are like extended family, and we believe in providing employee benefit programs and incentives that cultivate a positive and enriching work environment, and healthy lifestyle. We hope that each of our employees continue to honor our commitment to our community and to treat our guests like family as well.
If you would like to become a part of our team, check out this position's job details below, and apply today! Make sure to include current email and phone contacts for all provided professional and personal references in your application.
As an ARNP, you will:
- Practice medicine within scope of license, training, credentialing, and current standards of care, including the quality of care criteria adopted by the clinic.
- Assess patient health by interviewing patients, performing physical examinations, obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories.
- Determine abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and laboratory studies, and interpret test results and develop related treatment plans based on results.
- Perform therapeutic procedures by administering injections and/or immunizations, and manages lacerations, wounds, infections, suspicious lesions or other related ambulatory injuries.
- Arrange referrals, consultations, and therapeutic services, and confer with other physicians and specialists regarding diagnosis and treatment plans, including situations where other physicians may need information emergently.
- Instruct and counsel patients regarding their therapeutic regimens, give anticipatory guidance of normal growth and development, discuss family planning, provide counseling on emotional problems of daily living, and promote wellness and prevention.
- Maintain a safety conscious, clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Cooperate in oversight and consultation from physicians and provide direct supervision to medical students and allied health professionals who are pursuing educational experiences in the Clinic, as directed by Employer.
- Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Assist in developing health care team staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Obtain Refer and Follow Active Privileges with Olympic Medical Center, which will include managing short-stay orders for primary care patients.
- May participate in after-hours and/or weekend call as determined by Medical Directors(s).
- Comply with all applicable policies, procedures, and protocols, and participate in the development/review of these as ongoing quality improvement, at Employers direction.
- Properly create and maintain necessary charts, documents, and records.
- Assist Employer in billing for all services provided pursuant to the Agreement and this position description.
- Participate, as required by Employer, in marking programs developed or implemented by Employer.
- Enroll as a physician in the Federal Medicare program and the Washington State Medicaid program and maintain eligibility to seek reimbursement under such programs for covered services.
- Exercise discretion regarding all matters related to the official business of Employer.
- Promote the interests of Employer and the Clinic at certain social and civic functions as directed by Employer.
- Adhere to all JST policies and procedures, including but not limited to standards for safety, and work practices as described in the Occupational Exposure Control Plan and HIPPA.
- Provide other services and duties as directed by CMO.
What are the Required Qualifications for this position?
- Graduate of an Advanced Nurse Practitioner program accepted by the State of Washington for licensing
- Certification by one of the following: American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Board (AANPCB), American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), Dermatology Nursing Certification Board (DNCB), National Certification Corporation for Obstetric, Gynecological and Neonatal Nursing Specialties (NCC), Pediatric Nurse Certification Board (PNCB), or Oncology Nurses Certification Corporation (ONCC)
- Unrestricted license to practice within Washington State
- Current DEA Certificate without restriction
- Maintain BLS Certification
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Suites
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to travel locally and regionally as assigned
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License
- Must be able to successfully pass criminal background investigation
What are the Preferred Qualifications for this position?
- Experience and knowledge of EPIC
- American Indian/Alaska Native preferences apply
What are the Physical Requirements and Working Conditions for this position?
- Ability and willingness to have frequent exposure to electricity, hazardous materials, hazardous waste, infectious waste, fumes or gases, and radiation, occasional exposure to lasers, and constant exposure to blood borne pathogens and biological substances.
- Adequate hearing for stethoscope and telephone use, and to perform the position’s essential functions
- Must be available to work any shift (to include all hours, weekends, and/or holidays as job duties require)
- Must be able to lift, push and carry up to 25 lbs. unassisted
- Physical ability to access all areas of the property applicable to your position
- Must be able to withstand prolonged standing, sitting, walking, bending, climbing, squatting and twisting without restriction
- Requires eye/hand coordination and manual dexterity; ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols
- Must have the ability to reach at or below/above shoulder level on a continuous basis
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment and maintain physical stamina, proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with patients, management, team members, and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines