- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must obtain a Food Handler’s Permit within 14 days of employment.
- Must obtain an Underground Storage Tank Class C Certification within 14 days of employment.
- Must abide by all safety guidelines and familiarize self with and follow all Tribal, Federal and applicable Washington State laws pertaining to convenience store operations.
- Must work flexible shifts (all days of the week and hours, holidays, and special events).
TRAITS AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, in addition to encompassing the ability to deal effectively with people in multifaceted work environment.
ENVIRONMENTAL and WORKING CONDITIONS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to safely lift up to 50 lbs.
- Maintain composure during stressful situations and conditions.
- Follow policy and procedures in emergency situations, i.e. theft, robbery, power outages, network and equipment failures, etc.
Pay rate is $13.75 per hour. Benefits package includes personal time off (PTO) (accrual rate determined by years of service). Professional development opportunities are available contingent upon funding and approval.
Spokane Tribal Enterprises reserves the right to hire according to its Indian Preference Policy. All applicants are subject to a pre-employment drug screening and background investigation. All positions with the Spokane Tribal Enterprises are subject to a 90-Day orientation period.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain nor is it to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
All applicants must complete an online application.
- All applicants must complete an online application (even if attaching a resume).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Complete all required fields of the online application.
- Do not write “see resume” in any of the application fields, please fill in requested information. If a question does not apply to you, notate “not applicable” or “n/a”.
- Complete applications accompanied with a cover letter and resume will be considered.
Nothing contained herein is intended to create, or shall be construed as creating an express or implied contract or guarantee of employment for a definite or indefinite term.