The Make Ready Technician is responsible for preparing apartments homes for new residents according to company standards at their assigned Birchstone community. This role is responsible for the execution of basic maintenance and repair work, timely completion of service requests, and assistance with special projects including capital improvements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Meet with the Service Manager daily to review make readies, service requests, required repairs, special projects, etc.
- Receive and complete make ready service requests; complete all required repairs, improvements, and preventative maintenance, ensuring code compliance.
- Execute make-ready checklists in adherence to apartment turns within budget and 5 business day make ready time frame, completing all required repairs and improvements to apartments are made prior to resident move-in. Repairs include window blinds, sheetrock repair, caulk and seal (windows, sinks, toilets, bath, shower, etc.), paint touch ups, lighting, and fixtures, etc. as outlined in Birchstone’s make ready checklist.
- Support cost-cutting and expense control initiatives through repairs (rather than replacements) when possible.
- Walk and inspect the community daily; ensure physical aspects and appearance of the community meet or exceed Birchstone standards.
- Ensure unsafe conditions are reported and corrected immediately.
- Maintain grounds, common areas, and amenities.
- Change locks as needed and ensure gates are in proper working order.
- Assist in maintaining grounds and trash pick-up; pressure wash breezeways and pool areas; paint curbs/signs/exteriors as needed.
- Ensure apartments are prepared for inspections.
- Complete and submit appropriate paperwork and reports timely and accurately.
- Manage inventory of tools, equipment, supplies, and spare parts needed to complete work orders.
- Assist with the implementation of corporate and area/region-specific maintenance initiatives.
- Provide support and assistance in the execution of special projects and assignments including capital improvement projects.
- Attend regular meetings with Service Manager and act as a resource to community team members for maintenance related matters.
- Work on-call shifts/schedules to assist with both resident and community emergencies.
- General cleaning as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.