At Capital, we know that a building is only as strong as the materials its made of. And we also know that a company is only as strong as the employees who keep it running. Because of this, we value more than just delivering the best products. We value investing in the best people.
Although we have 65 years of success behind us, we still need innovative and dedicated employees to take us into the future. When you join the Capital team, you are empowered to succeed, encouraged to grow, and rewarded for your hard work.
We are currently seeking a full-time Merchandising Specialist for our Portland Branch that reports directly to our Sales Manager.
Position Summary: Responsible for representing Capital, effectively working in teams or individually to perform resets and other work including, but not limited to, reading and implementation of plan-o-grams, new item placement, corrections, and inventory activity.
Building Collaborative Relationships
Innovation / Creativity
Developing Self & Others
Principal Accountabilities& Deliverables
- Work with Account Manager and/or Sales Manager in assigned stores to conduct resets in specific store sections
- Partner with store personnel and co-workers to achieve and maintain merchandising excellence, discuss changes, and build an effective working relationship
- Remove discontinued and slow moving items from shelves
- Clean shelves, racks and display cases
- Measure shelves for correct height and width, move shelves as necessary
- Re-tag product in its new location
- Stock/fill sections with product and create displays
- Report and discuss observations and issues with Home Center Account Manager and/or Sales Manager
- Utilize web based applications to receive work documentation and information, record work start and completion times, record work mileage, record work time and attendance,and document resets and/or other activities
- Effectively and accurately prepare, process, submit, and manage documentation related to assigned reset and other work
- Perform other duties as assigned