Come work with us at Houston Ballet! Picture yourself at an amazing organization committed to inspire a lasting love and appreciation for dance through artistic excellence, exhilarating performances, innovative choreography, and superb educational programs. At Houston Ballet, you’ll be surrounded by creative teams who challenge you, support you, inspire you, and celebrate artistic achievement.
Visit www.houstonballet.org to learn more.
The Ballet Master works directly under the Artistic Director's supervision. The work relies on applying extensive knowledge of ballet and teaching techniques for various classes and rehearsals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned;
- Coach all ranks of company dancers
- Teach technique class for company dancers on a regular basis and for Academy students occasionally
- Stage various classical and contemporary ballets
- Prepare and rehearse company and academy dancers for productions and performances
- Assist outside choreographers and repetiteurs during the creation and/or rehearsal process, documenting repertoire details for artistic department records
- Understand and follow the Basic Agreement between Houston Ballet and the American Guild of Musical Artists
- Support the learning, development, and progress of the dancers
- Work closely with the Artistic Planning Coordinator in developing and revising daily rehearsal schedules
- Coordinate and communicate necessary casting changes to administrative staff promptly
- Attend all performances
- Must be willing to tour with the company as needed
- Assist in the recruitment and audition process for new dancers
- Professional experience with a classical ballet company is required. Previous Ballet Master experience preferred
- Principal coaching experience on a wide range of repertoire
- Substantial experience teaching professional, classically-trained dancers
- Extensive knowledge of classical repertoire and dance in its current and past forms is essential
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and team-building skills
- Proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail and word processing as well as technological skills operating audio/visual equipment in the studios
- Knowledge of union contracts
- Positive attitude and inspiring presence
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with fellow Ballet Masters, Artistic Director, Artistic Administrative and Company Management Staff, Production, Stage Management, Academy, Wardrobe, and other departments as needed
- Tuesday – Saturday between 9am and 6:45pm with ability to work nights and weekends for performances and/or auditions as necessary.
Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access & EEO Statement:
Houston Ballet is dedicated to creating meaningful change by cultivating a space that honors what is unique in all of us. Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA) are instrumental in the fulfillment of our mission and values. We recognize our responsibility to be an inclusive and open organization for students, artists, staff, trustees, and volunteers of all backgrounds. Join us, together we are Houston Ballet.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Houston Ballet’s shared values are essential to our success as a world-class ballet company and academy. These values guide our decisions and behaviors and shape our culture.
- EXCELLENCE: We are passionate about results. Our programs are recognized and awarded for excellence. We are committed to delivering quality programs at the highest standard. Work in all departments matches the caliber of the programming on stage.
- ENGAGED: We are proud to be a part of a company that produces art and trains artists. We attend performances and are tremendous advocates for the education and community engagement programs we offer. We are “all in” and well-versed in the mission of Houston Ballet.
- DRIVEN: We are driven to take goals and run with them. We are excited to deliver results beyond expectations. We are accountable for our actions and work. We reinvent Standard Operations Procedures, leaving our jobs better than we found them. Much of our work product becomes the standard for individuals who will fill our roles in the years to come.
- COLLABORATIVE: We unite around Houston Ballet’s mission and support each other in reaching goals. We share information widely and generously and treat our team members, customers, and patrons with respect and sensitivity. We embrace inclusion, diversity, equity, and access. We recognize our responsibility to be an open, welcoming, and anti-racist organization where students, artists, staff, trustees, and volunteers of all backgrounds collaboratively learn, work and serve. We nurture the growth and understanding of how each of us fits into the larger picture and we celebrate organizational achievements.
- PATRON-CENTERED: Our patrons (subscribers/supporters/donors/stakeholders) are at the center of all we do and are at the top of our minds in our decisions and actions. Our patrons are delighted by the excellent customer service they receive at every interaction at Houston Ballet.