July Business Services (JULY) is seeking a person to join our sales team as Regional Sales Director. This is an opportunity to join a growing firm with national sales channels, strong core values, and an entrepreneurial spirit. If you enjoy working with investment advisors and small and mid-sized retirement plan clients, have expertise in retirement plan design, and like a competitive environment building out a sales territory, this may be a good fit for you. The person in this role will report to JULY’s National Sales Director. The assigned sales territory would include a 5-10 state region depending on the location of the candidate.
JULY is a growing financial technology retirement plan services company that partners with institutions and financial advisors to design and implement successful retirement plan strategies. We combine innovation and technology with hands-on service to make retirement plans easy for our clients. JULY provides high quality retirement plan services to over 6,100 small and mid-sized employers, representing more than 120,000 plan participants.
Our firm is headquartered in Waco, Texas, and in addition to our home office location, we support a thriving virtual workforce with a strong company culture where employees can grow and develop their professional talents. We have an entrepreneurial and employee-friendly culture and emphasize core values of wow! service, having a servant’s heart, and innovation. We offer competitive salaries and benefits and a family-friendly culture.
At JULY, we know that if we live our Values (below), we will serve our Mission of transforming small business retirement plans through innovation, expertise, and service, and achieve our Vision of enriching lives by shaping the future of retirement.
- Build a Winning Culture
- Foster Strong Relationships
- Pursue Excellence
- Have a Servant’s Heart
- Deliver Wow Service
- Drive Innovation
- Strengthen JULY’s brand in the territory by pro-actively building and managing relationships with investment advisors, third party administrators, and key strategic partners.
- Meet or exceed an annual sales target of $250,000 to $350,000 in new business revenue (60 to 90 new clients).
- Qualified candidates must reside in Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota or Missouri.
- Communicate with advisors to understand needs and develop solutions.
- Work with an Internal Sales Associate to build proposals and plan illustrations.
- Participate in various marketing initiatives, including presentations at local and regional events.
- Provide limited support to plan sponsor clients with a goal of strengthening relationships with advisors.
- Work with advisors and clients to complete setup paperwork and coordinate plan setup.
- Use Zoom and Teams to meet with investment advisors, third party administrators, and prospective clients.
- Travel in the territory on a periodic basis to help support key relationships.
- Interact with JULY operations team members to promote process improvement.
- Ad-hoc responsibilities as needed.
Experience / Credentials
- Expert-level knowledge of the retirement plan industry
- Understanding of retirement plan design, retirement products, and investments
- QPFC, QKA or equivalent designation or willingness to attain within 18 months
- 3 or more years in retirement plan sales
- Experience in an open-architecture environment a plus
- Experience working with fee-based RIAs and expert retirement plan advisors a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 401(k) Plan with fully vested 5% employer match
- Company pays 100% of employee health insurance
- Four weeks of Paid Time Off