Role, Responsibilities, and Essential Duties
- Will manage the classroom and safety & well-being of the children.
- Will work with team to ensure the light cleaning of the classroom (i.e. wiping down the tables, sweeping after meals/ sensory play, etc.)
- Will be responsible for leading the class
- Will be responsible for doing observations/assessments of a group of students
- Will be responsible for Parent/Teacher Conferences 3 times a year with the help of team
- Will be responsible for lesson plans (submitted weekly) and preparing for activities (with assistance from team)
- May be asked occasionally to work extra hours (especially during Parent/Teacher Conferences or Special Events and Field Trips)
- Must maintain appearance of the classroom environment.
- Must follow the Health and Safety guidance
- HS Diploma, Teaching Assistant Certificate Level 1/ working toward one OR CDA Certificate within 2 years of start date.
- Experience with Preschool children preferred
- Must be DOI Fingerprinted/ PETS
- Must be able to pass the state background check
- Current CPR/First Aid Training a plus
- Current DOE & DOH mandated trainings a plus
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Bilingual preferred
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Ability to take initiative in work assignments
- Ability to work flexible hours and be flexible with the children
- Must be highly organized
- Must have the ability to prioritize work load
- Must be Creative
- Must be Patient
- Must have a good sense of humor and enjoy working with children
- Additional skills in music, dance, sports, etc. a plus
- Must be able to work collaboratively
- Must be able to use tablet and online applications
- Knowledge of Google Classroom a plus
- Must be able to communicate effectively with parents and teaching team
- Must have basic technology skills
- Ability to use a tablet & Apps
- Work experience providing services to children and families.
- Writing sample required
- Ability to lift and bend up to 50lbs
- Ability to get down on the floor and play outside with the children
This position is classified as a union position under the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the Day Care Council of New York ("DCCNY") and Local 205, Community and Social Agency Employees Union, District Council 1707, A.F.S.C.M.E., A.F.L.C.I.O. ("Local 205"),. The union represents employees in the bargaining unit (i.e. Goddard employees in Local 205 union positions). The Collective Bargaining Agreement is a written contract that defines the agreed-upon terms and conditions of employment, including wage increases, paid time off and other benefits, and the grievance process. All employees in Local 205 union positions at Goddard Riverside are subject to and covered by the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Membership in the union includes the collection of union dues on a monthly basis, to be deducted from the member’s Goddard paycheck at a rate to be determined by the union.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of duties and responsibilities that will be required of this position and title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job related task other than those specifically presented in this description. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.