- Planning the program, including daily and long range lesson plans.
- Implementing the curriculum and daily activities.
- Supervising and managing the classroom.
- Maintaining a safe environment at all times.
- Maintaining professional attitudes and loyalty to the school.
- Conducting twice yearly parent conferences with all parents.
- Preparing progress reports 3 times a year for all children.
- Writing and preparing all school reports for children who are transferring to other schools.
- Writing observations for children and maintaining an observation book.
- Participating in professional workshops that work for the improvement of early childhood education.
- Leading weekly team meeting for classroom planning and updates.
- Maintaining confidentiality about children, their families, and other employees outside the school.
- Conducting yearly screenings of all children.
- Supervising outside play yard activities.
- Meet with supervisor (director) weekly.
- Submit weekly lesson plans to director.
- Familiar with Google Classrooms
- Certified with Master Degree in ECE or in a program which will guarantee permanent certification at its completion.
- Must have 2+ years of experience in Early Childhood;
- Must have significant experience working as an Assistant Teacher in Early Childhood
- Must have 1+ years of experience working with children ages 3-5 years old
- Must be DOI Fingerprinted/ PETS
- Must be able to pass the state background check
- Current CPR/First Aid Training a plus
- Current DOE & DOH mandated trainings a plus
- Must be able to relate well to children and employees
- Must be willing to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with the school’s educational philosophy
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Bilingual preferred
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Ability to take initiative in work assignments
- Ability to work flexible hours and be flexible with the children
- Must be highly organized
- Must have the ability to prioritize work load
- Must be Creative
- Must be Patient
- Knowledge of Google Classroom preferred
- Must have a good sense of humor and enjoy working with children
- Additional skills in music, dance, sports, etc. a plus
- Must be able to use tablet and online applications
- Must be able to communicate effectively with parents and teaching team
- Must have basic technology skills
- Ability to use a tablet & Apps
- Work experience providing services to children and families.
- Writing sample required
- Ability to lift and bend up to 50lbs
- Ability to get down on the floor and play outside with the children
This position is classified as a union position under the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the Day Care Council of New York ("DCCNY") and Local 205, Community and Social Agency Employees Union, District Council 1707, A.F.S.C.M.E., A.F.L.C.I.O. ("Local 205"),. The union represents employees in the bargaining unit (i.e. Goddard employees in Local 205 union positions). The Collective Bargaining Agreement is a written contract that defines the agreed-upon terms and conditions of employment, including wage increases, paid time off and other benefits, and the grievance process. All employees in Local 205 union positions at Goddard Riverside are subject to and covered by the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Membership in the union includes the collection of union dues on a monthly basis, to be deducted from the member’s Goddard paycheck at a rate to be determined by the union.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of duties and responsibilities that will be required of this position and title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job related task other than those specifically presented in this description. This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.