At Indiana Tech, we excel at educating students from all walks of life, for all kinds of meaningful work. We are a truly inclusive community of learners, ensuring that students are supported, inspired, and empowered to maximize their professional prospects, advance in their careers, and improve their lives and the lives of others.
Indiana Tech is a thriving, independent, teaching-oriented institution with a focus on career-oriented programs in business, engineering, information technology and computer science, criminal justice, life sciences, human services and many other concentrations. Indiana Tech enrolls nearly 1,500 students in its traditional undergraduate programs on its picturesque main campus, and nearly 5,000 students in its College of Professional Studies programs online and onsite at 13 regional locations. Degrees are offered at the associate, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral levels.
Over 41% of our students are either globally or domestically diverse; this contributes to our unique vibrant and inclusive campus community. All academic programs are designed to provide students with relevant and practical experiences, including an emphasis on internships. The university is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Indiana Institute of Technology embraces diversity and equal opportunity intentionally. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success with respect to educating our students to become global citizens. Indiana Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Indiana Tech has big plans for its future. Learn more at Indiana Tech Strategic Plan. Learn more about Athletics at Indiana Tech Athletics - Official Athletics Website (indianatechwarriors.com). Indiana Tech is starting a Warrior Rugby program; apply to start the program.
The Department of Athletics at Indiana Tech serves as an integral part of the university and is an important participant in its mission. The commitment of the Department of Athletics is to enhance the student experience and to provide quality programs that are competitive, fun, and meaningful in an atmosphere that promotes success within the spirit of fair play, sportsmanship, and integrity.
The Head Coach of the Men's Rugby Program shall oversee the development of the Indiana Tech Rugby programs, with particular emphasis on the recruitment, retention, and graduation of program participants. The successful candidate will have a track record of success in developing and engaging student-athletes in meaningful and creative ways.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, develop, and administer all aspects of the Rugby program
- Apparel, scheduling, travel, etc.
- Formulate and administer team policies aligning with the philosophy of the institution
- Select, supervise, and mentor assistant coaches for the program
- Recruit and retain specific enrollment numbers yearly
- Prepare students to meet eligibility qualifications for NAIA, WHAC and Indiana Tech or other outside affiliates
- Support the mission, vision, and strategic plan of Indiana Tech
- Prepare a budget with the approval of the Athletic Director
- Purchase needed equipment and supplies necessary with the approval of the Athletic Director
- Document and report all scores to the appropriate outlets
- Prepare, maintain, and schedule facilities for practices, games, and meetings
- Provide a written evaluation of the program at the conclusion of each season
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Athletic Department or University
Measures of Accomplishment
- Collaborate with supervisor to determine short and long-term goals of the position.
- Establish and meet enrollment, retention, and graduation rates
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of college playing or coaching experience preferred
- Physical work and travel are required. Work is performed during traditional and non-traditional hours. Night and weekend work is common, during specific time periods.
Application materials must include a cover letter and resume. Applicants must be prepared to write a written response to the mission and diversity statement of Indiana Tech.
Only candidates with completed applications in Paycom will be considered at the interview stage. This position remains open until filled; a review of candidates will commence as application materials are received.