- Bachelors or higher or equivalent experience with four years of directly related work experience, and at least two years of managerial experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, multi-task, meet deadlines, take initiative and maintain confidentiality.
- Mindful of diversity, equity, inclusion, and access in actions and attitude.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Bilingual Spanish speaking preferred.
Required Skills /Abilities
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight, take initiative, be self-managed, and thrive in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with conflicting priorities while meeting deadlines is essential.
- Highly developed people and project management skills, with demonstrated ability to build relationships.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, including public speaking and networking skills required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Travel throughout council jurisdiction up to 20% of the time.
- Capability to provide own transportation, and maintain valid operator license.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee must be able to withstand:
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Operate office equipment manually.
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds at times.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination and booster, unless a qualifying medical or religious exemption is needed
- Available for council-required events (i.e. Annual Meeting, Mega-drop, etc)
- Promote organizational culture and community statement:
The Girl Scouts Heart of Central California Community Statement
We are a community who wants as many girls as possible to be Girl Scouts.
Our community is girl-centric and performance-driven.
As a collective, we care about each other, are sincere and relational with a strong sense of purpose.
As a member of this community I have certain responsibilities:
I am accountable for individual, team and organizational goals.
- I am committed to quality.
- I collaborate when appropriate, am solutions-oriented and thoughtfully solve problems with a sense of urgency.
- I am able to find a balance between shared and trusted procedures and innovative ideas in order to work effectively and efficiently.
- I am a professional and exhibit ethical behavior, skills and knowledge competence and leadership development.
- I challenge my fears and demonstrate courage.
- I contribute to an environment of inclusivity, belonging and fun.