Easterseals Western and Central Pennsylvania is a organization serving people with disabilities. We are celebrating over 100 years of service and are proud of our history! We are looking to hire enthusiastic Summer Day Camp Counselors to lead, support and motivate campers as they enjoy all that our Summer Day Camp has to offer. Positions will work out of our office located in York, PA.
JOB SUMMARY-Summer Day Camp Counselors
Summer Day Camp counselors will organize and lead group activities for campers with disabilities. They will monitor campers, respond to incidents, maintain accurate record logs, interact with parents, and communicate with the Camp Director and other staff members regarding campers participation and concerns. We are looking for counselors to provide a fun camp experience by being positive, energetic, engaging, proactive, patient and supportive.
REQUIREMENTS-Summer Day Camp Counselors:
- Minimum age of 16
- High School diploma, equivalent or actively enrolled in school
- Previous experience working in a camp setting or working with children with special needs preferred
- Mandated reporter training and additional training may be required
- PA Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse History Clearance and Department of Human Services FBI Clearance
- Passing of physical examination and TB test
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES, Day Camp Counselors, include:
- Supervise campers to ensure participant safety
- Motivate campers to participate in camp activities
- Implement and lead campers in age-appropriate activities
- Be willing and able to participate in all camp activities
- Comfort level providing personal hygiene care for campers as needed
- Cooperative team member
- Responsible, reliable and flexible
Summer Day Camp Counselors work (4) 7.5 hour days for a 30 hour work week Monday through Thursday. Summer Camp runs for 7 weeks from June 10th-August 1rst.
WHY WORK FOR US?
If you are looking for a great career opportunity to further the lives of those with disabilities, then please consider this position.
Easterseals is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, use of medical marijuana or protected Veteran status.