POSSESSION OF OR ABILITY TO OBTAIN THE FOLLOWING LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Valid Unrestricted Colorado Driver’s License
TECHNICIAN KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Familiarity with Motorola P25 radio systems and trunking sites
- Radio programming using Motorola CPS or equivalent
- General RF knowledge and electrical knowledge
- Good troubleshooting ability
- Establish and maintain control over situations as they develop and act quickly and calmly during an emergency situation making quick, reasonable and effective decisions.
- Deal tactfully and courteously with the general public, and at times abusive, antagonistic and argumentative callers; establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, public safety personnel and the public.
- Remains calm and controlled under stressful situations.
- Able to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Interpersonal skills – Applies emotional intelligence skills, understanding, friendliness, courtesy, tact, empathy, cooperation, concern and politeness to others and relates well to different people from varied backgrounds and in different situations.
- Rotation of 24x7 on-call support
- Programming and template development of Motorola P25 radios
- Using RADIO MANAGEMENT to program radios over the air
- IP Simulcast equipment
- GTR 8000 Expandable Site Subsystems
- MCC7500 Console Sites
- ISSI Subsystems
- Master Site equipment
- Maintain radio system and site software with security patches, maintenance patches, and software provisioning with applications and Linux and Windows command line
- Must be able to diagnose backhaul problems, whether microwave or fiber, and take corrective action, or dispatch appropriate outside experts.
- Help to plan for future improvements in radio technology, redundancy, capacity, and radio coverage in Adams County.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Education/Experience Requirements
- 2 years’ experience of operating and maintaining a two-way radio system required; 5 years’ experience of operating and maintaining a two-way radio systems is preferred.
- Must have experience in the following Motorola network management applications or the ability to obtain certification within 2 years of employment:
- Provisioning Manager-proficient enough to provision subscribers, consoles, CCGWs, talk groups, zone parameters, and site parameters.
- Unified Event Manager-use to diagnose system level, site level, subscriber level alarms.
- Unified Network Configurator and Wizard-use to build new radio sites, etc.
- PRNM Suite-use to identify affiliation status, inhibit, un-inhibit radios, etc.
- VM Ware-proficient enough to create virtual machines, apply maintenance patches in Red Hat and Windows environments, use basic Red Hat command line
- May be required to attend additional training sessions, classes and obtain certification as needed
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check
- Candidate may be required to submit to post-offer, pre-employment physical examination and medical history check
- Candidate may be drug tested at any time, pre-employment or post hiring
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Physical Demands - Regular standing and sitting; requiring the ability to lift a maximum of 100 pounds (team lift); occasional lifting, carrying, walking, standing and climbing ladders of varying lengths.
- Hand/eye coordination for operation of required tools used in equipment repairs and maintenance;
- Verbal communication, hearing and listening to maintain communication with employees and agencies. This job requires normal hearing and color vision.
- Work Environment – Works in differing conditions; office, storage containers, outside environment, occasional adverse weather conditions exposure for maintenance or repair of equipment sites. Some exposure to noise and unpleasant situations.
- Equipment Used – Personal computer, console equipment and other job related equipment and tools; agency vehicle used for traveling to and from remote equipment sites.