- Prepare and analyze accurate monthly financial and management reports, including income statement, balance sheet, budget and variance, projections and forecast, and others as requested.
- Oversee and manage the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and business taxes.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are processed accurately, timely, and in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Help with quarterly and year-end financial audit activities and the annual financial controls audit.
- Supervise junior finance department staff.
- Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships.
- Administer US-based payroll, using various tools and partnering with payroll service provider to deliver accurate payments and reports.
- Assist HR with payroll service trainings and benefits reconciliation.
- Assist in management of grant reporting and compliance
- Create, implement, and manage financial policies and procedures for best practices related to accurate reporting and internal controls.
- Assist with monthly closings and annual budget preparation.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Support Our Culture of Philanthropy: Demonstrate an understanding of the essential role of our members and supporters, and consistently serve as an ambassador for FWW/FWA and our work. Participate in or attend events and other activities as appropriate that are organized for our supporters and donors. Be cognizant of fundraising opportunities and share contacts and information that will help build and sustain FWW/FWA.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, the person in this position has a high degree of contact with Finance Department and other Department Managers; a moderate degree of contact with other staff; and a low degree of contact with donors and vendors.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Accounting; Certified Public Accountant preferred
- 8-10 years of experience in accounting and/or financial analysis
- Ability to synthesize large quantities of complex data into actionable information
- Ability to work and effectively communicate with senior-level business partners
- Excellent business judgment, analytical, and decision-making skills
Computer Skills: An individual should be able to work in a computerized environment and have adequate knowledge of word processing, email, internet, and spreadsheet software; specifically, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
COMPETENCIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Interpersonal Skills: Maintains confidentiality; remains open to others’ ideas; exhibits willingness to try new ways of doing things.
Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification.
Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and has excellent grammar and proofreading skills; presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
Planning/organizing: Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans; meets deadlines and adheres to specific timelines; tracks multiple processes to meet goals for timeliness.
Quality control: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and looks for ways to improve and promote quality of own work; promotes and upholds office policies and procedures.
Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; handles several projects concurrently; is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
Problem-solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Judgment: Displays willingness to make timely decisions; exhibits high-level, sound, and accurate judgment.
Safety and security: Actively promote and personally observes safety and security procedures; uses equipment and materials properly.
Teamwork: Contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; supports everyone's efforts to succeed; provides excellent internal and external customer service.
Diversity: Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
Ethics: Treats people with respect and dignity; works with integrity and ethically upholds FWW/FWA’s mission and values.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will regularly be required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use his/her hands. The employee may be required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment described below is representative of what an employee may encounter while performing the duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is that which is typical of an office setting.